Music XML generator

Thank you DeVicious :smiley: 

Yesterday I had a look at “metadata_view_info.xml” , but I was not really sure.

On (modified MOJO/Darklight) there is a missing background, hmm, well perhaps brecause of the beta version.

As soon as I have some  free time I  try this.

The music XML data (on Hdisk) seems to work with any theme,

but *only* with with the library turned on.

Perhaps we can generate some coding behind a modified music info-button

like “if libary turned off,  then turn on libary, process/Show the music xml data, after that turn libary off again …”.

Steffen_2009 wrote:

Perhaps we can generate some coding behind a modified music info-button

like “if libary turned off,  then turn on libary, process/Show the music xml data, after that turn libary off again …”.

why do you pour salt in our wounds :laughing:

It can’t be done due to firmware limitations (at least the new firmware)

In the morning a changed serveral fonts in the  “metadata_view_info.xml” ,

and yes, it is perfect. Great Dev :smiley::smiley:  !

Even on my small TV I can read the fonts now … :dizzy_face:

For artist biography I still have not used an automated way,

I just make some experiments with the given structure in this thread - and I like the results very much …

Does WD know that it is really mandadory to open FW for accessing “stocked” XML-data with libary mode turned off ?

Where can we "vote " for this … But I dont want to go on yout nerves …

Steffen_2009 wrote:

For artist biography I still have not used an automated way,

I just make some experiments with the given structure in this thread - and I like the results very much …

When you search album against amazon and you select your result the “adjust tag information” windows pops up, down in the bottom left is a link to the album on amazon.com. If you click on the link I scroll down to “Editorial Reviews” and copy that information. Then back on the “adjust tag information” popup window I paste this is the “Comments” box and click on OK. Its not fully automated, but bext I can come up with.

1 Like

Thanx drizzt09 …

I wonder, what kind of additional music information really makes sense.

Well yes, we have biography data of the artist or band and the review of the different albums.

Today I made some experiments with lyrics for every  song .

Useful to get them completely automated into the mp3tags  is the plugIn for Foobar2K:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=82772

For our WD it is quite comfortable to place this info into the XML for music, too.

So by pressing our remote options/info our Hub/SMP would be able to get the lyrics.

Hhm, but only with libary “on”  (even if it is stocked XML data !) and at the (last) folder level where the music files are.

So with MP3tag it worked for me today .

What I did:

1. Putting any information (band biography and song lyrics ) into the id3 (V2.3)  tags

2. Used a completely automated way to write the view info/music  xml-file

with %UNSYNCEDLYRICS% and %BIOGRAPHY%.

1. Naming of XMl file was exactly like the folder name (see 1st post)

Result:

a. The WD finds this view/info directly

b. BUT: After 4286 characters THERE  IS A CUT :confounded:- so in one file for an album

it is not possible to put the lyric from each song *AND* the complete band biography . The files were all longer than 4286 characters.

Hey, but we can not create a separate folder for EACH song … that can not be the solution.

Way out ??

In the system setup it is possible to give a different meta souce for music to our player.

There the player wants to have  a XML file .

Does someone know if it is possible to place a XML souce that does NOT only look for XML-files which are named exactly the way the folder is ?

The naming convention would be like %title% …

was passiert denn, wenn du eine XML-Datei erstellst, die nicht wie der Ordner heisst sondern wie das jeweilige Lied.

Für Covers konnte ich für jeden Song ein *.JPG erstellen. Dann kann man für jeden Song ein anderes Cover sehen (ok, braucht man nicht unbedingt).

Well, first:

Because this is the English WD forum and the creator of the thread wrote in  English I will answer in English, too.

All other languages would be a bad style in my opinion … even if it is not easier for me.

So just not for punishment, only for practising our English, mMcCorner :wink:

Then for everyone, not being from Germany the repetition of what was suggested in last post in English:

mMcCorner asked, what would happen if the filename of the XML-info music would be the same like the songname/mp3-filename.

Result:

The WD finds something (what exactly ? what is happing inside ? The WD does *NOT* ask for a keyword to search the freebase database with, normally this is the behaviour with new mp3s) .

Then the options/view shows an empty screen.

So, well , the option/view-info with folder-name = album name works very well,

but there is not enough space to put all the lyrics of a complete album in it .

From the basic meaning of the structure the album folder would be the right place to put in just the album review information. For this:

Does someone know how to get them copmpletely automated into many mp3 tags ?

And is there any better place to save album-reviews instead of into id3 tag %comments% ?

A separate XML-file with lyrics for each song works with the hardware capacity of the HUB/SMP.

MANUALLY done this is working well, too. We can have multible music XMLs in one album folder,

with manual seaching a metathumb key is generated with (at freebase) often very strange keyfields.

Is there any other key-combination for finding the XML-music data file than filename=foldername ?

(Joey discribed the *manual* steps here, some time ago, do we know more now today ?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/%C3%86onish-Hub-FR-Revision-2/td-p/181990/page/53

)

sorry. I thought you were German. I’ll be better. :flushed:

No problem … and you ARE right, I AM German like you… it is just for all others here :wink: