Music XML generator

Steffen_2009 wrote: … But how can I process the next step with ThumbGen ???

Try this:

• Open ThumbGen for movies or TV shows … doesn’t matter which one.

• Search for any movie or tv show just to open the result page.

• On the result page on the bottom right choose, i this case, Joey’s Music Template.

• Open on the top left a cd cover from your HDD and use it in the template.

• Open on the bottom left a wallpaper from your HDD and use it in the template.

• Save the Musicsheet by using the generate button or the save button under the template.

• Rename the new Musicsheet, just like your xml, to the folder name with the .jpg extension.

• Check on the hub and voila there’s your musicsheet and album info.

This is for the Musicsheet template provided by Joey Smyth for the AEonisch Hub Theme and music files without id3tag covers.

1 Like

Thank you very much Medic  - I can’t wait untill finishing time today to try this :smiley: :smiley:

Well, sorry , it is not working.

Perhaps my needs were’t described clear enough / I try again.

How do I get an**(automatic) folder.jpg for artist from the web (for many hundred artists, one folder after another) with ThumbGen ?**

I mean a picture of the band and NOT of the album cover (I have album covers in the folders UNDER the artist folders). These artist pics are NOT on my HD (but in the web on last.fm , google pic etc) at the moment

The picture of the band should be placed as a folder.jpg in the folders OVER the albums.

Your answer is helpful, too. But you describe how to  create a music-oriented theme-data.

What is missing from my side is the step before, more the collector for the artist jpg-file in the web.

Or am I wrong ? - Does someone have an idea for that ?

In ThumbGen FAQs I see that GETTING Band-covers for a music collection is not and will not be supported.

So no problem, I just use another programme.

this tool embeds images into mp3s [id3tag]. can generate images. pulls info from amazon or other. makes m3u playlists. and if setupwith instructions in first post can generate the xml hub supported. if you are using aeonish with id3 then you dont need to generate anything else.

" … pulls info from amazon or other …"

Well, so what kind of info exactly ?  Any ?

In my case (a littlebit different from the topic of the thread, but not really off-topic) pictures for the music-band/artist-pictures (NOT album covers) are needed.

Backgound: On my HD there is a separate folder for each artist, for each album also separate folder.

Meaning (and status I achieved now with other programme):

A band picture  in the artist folder, different album cover-pictures in (the lower) album-folders and also these album pictures embedded in EACH mp3-files (for the relevant files)  for showing up while beeing played with WD.

It is not a hundred percent theme question.

But of course the data can easily be used as a source for creating themes, see posts above.

So does that mean it should be also possible to configure TB in a way, that TB collects the band-pictures in the artist folders ?

Batch Tag Editing  Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.

Support for Cover Art  Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.

Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz  Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.

Replace characters or words  Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).

Create Playlists automatically  Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.

Rename files from tags  Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.

Export to HTML, RTF, CSV  Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates. [This is where you can create and use the custom template to export the xml]

Full Unicode Support  User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, drizzt09 .

But HOW do I get automatic band covers from  Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz  ?

I am shure, there are many of jpegs of them there, also with google picture search…

highlight all the songs in the album. click the globe icon in top right. this will search the web databases such as amazon and find the album info and album cover.

album cover will appear in bottom left. click save and it will embed the cover into each mp3 [ID3tag].

If you want seperate images, right click the image in bottom left and select export, name what you want.

As for extra images for your additional folders you will have to do that seperately.

1 Like

As far as I have some free time I will try this, thanks again …

i am officially loving this for Artist folders, I don’t use the other info and my tags are nicely done my iTunes but for getting folders this is heaven I will recommend it in my theme thread. Good Job!

DeVicious wrote:

i am officially loving this for Artist folders, I don’t use the other info and my tags are nicely done my iTunes but for getting folders this is heaven I will recommend it in my theme thread. Good Job!

Glad you like it, I have been using it for a long time to embed coverart into my MP3s [ID3tag], renaming in a pattern I like and creating .m3u files [Album Playlist].

Then Joey made the ID3tag version of his theme, gave me he xml template and I found a way to get this nifty tool to generate the hub xml files and works pretty good.

Hint: You mentioned in your theme I developed it. I wish it was true, I did not. Just found it way before I had a hub and through discovery learned that it can also help with the hub and shared.

i thought you made it …

well I won’t clear that up in my thread :laughing: let them think high of you.

As mentioned in my thread a friend of mine is just developing something similar, feel free to PM me your input if you want, it is supposed to have an automatic function like thumbgen which makes it probably even easier. If you are interested help developing it let me know :slight_smile:

here a little hint when generating covers…

if you have gathered your covers through iTunes, automatic or manual function you need to delete these files first because they are excessively compressed and too small.

Mp3Tag will ask you if you want to overwrite these images but you can’t because they are protected by iTunes.

Here is what you gotta do

1. go to folder options and enable “view hidden system files”

2. open your music folder in windows explorer and search for *.*jpg

3. delete all greyed out jpg images

don’t forget to create a folder.jog for the artist :slight_smile:

Drizzt, Joey, anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

now here might be the most dense question of the this thread…

I was trying to pay attention to the entire thread as good as i can but I can’t shake of the feeling that some important information is missing like “the xml files are for tailor made themes such a as Aeonish Hub” 

Trying to make a work around to display the track titles with library mode off is pointless?

Is it pointless at all or theoretically possibly and if so would that mean to generate an xml file for each track?

If so… does that mean WD Coders are insane?

If anyone know the answer please let me know because it is easy to spend a week on this without results

I have 2 xml templates…

This is the one I use [the “Comment” section I copy and paste the Editors comment or biography section from amazon when I search the album]:

$filename(%artist% - %year% - %album%.xml,utf-8)<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<details>
 <album>%album%</album>
 <artist>%artist%</artist>
 <genre>%genre%</genre>
 <year>%year%</year>
 <overview>%comment%</overview>
 <prevalbum>N/A</prevalbum>
 <prevartist>N/A</prevartist>
 <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

This one someone else requested which is tracklisting:

$filename(%artist% - %year% - %album%.xml,utf-8)<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<details>
 <album>%album%</album>
 <artist>%artist%</artist>
 <genre>%genre%</genre>
 <year>%year%</year>
 <overview>
$loop(%album%) %track%. %title%
$loopend()</overview>
 <prevalbum>N/A</prevalbum>
 <prevartist>N/A</prevartist>
 <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

Whether they work with library off, I am not sure. They are not tailered for Joeys themes, they are just stock xml edited to support Mp3Tag application

thanx Drizzt, I appreciate the example sheets and your reply.

It seems I can only use them with the library on therefore I gotta wait until they have fixed the library to something that doesn’t cause me a hemerhorrage. :laughing:

With music xml: If we press the options-view info button - which XML is used for showing the data ?

I would like to modify the font size in the theme, because on my small tv it is too small …

Good question… I’ll leave that answer to Dev or Joey asi don’t know the theming files

that should be “metadata_view_info.xml” which is not included with the most themes.

I know it is in Joey’s and Tinwarbles Darklight, if that is not what you are using and can’t find that page anywhere

this would be the origninals osd code, copy and paste it into notepad and save as “metadata_view_info.xml”

and change the portion that says fontsize=“xx”

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<page background="@@metadata_info_bg" overlay="@@metadata_info_bg_overlay">

<ctrlgrp>

<button valkey="BACKDROP"/>

<linebreak/>

<button valkey="HIDE"/>

<textbox valkey="info" numlines="7" directkey_table="UD[]"/>

</ctrlgrp>

<image image="@@metadata_info_image_bg" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>

<image image="@@movie_metadata_thumbnail_bg" x="70" y="49" w="139" h="196" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>

<image image="@@movie_metadata_thumbnail" x="70" y="49" w="139" h="196" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>

<text text="@@movie_title" x="216" y="55" w="994" h="48" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="48" align="left" speed="1" delay="2"/>

<image image="@@movie_option_rating" x="218" y="108" w="124" h="21" align="hcenter" />

<image image="@@movie_favorite" x="356" y="108" w="23" h="21" align="hcenter" />

<text text="@@text-BACKDROP" x="871" y="178" w="340" h="32" textcolor="0xffffff" active="@@act-BACKDROP" selected="sel-BACKROP" actnoseltextcolor="0xff8400" activetextcolor="0xff8400" fontsize="30" align="right" disable="@@disable-BACKDROP"/>

<text text="@@text-HIDE" x="871" y="218" w="340" h="32" textcolor="0xffffff" active="@@act-HIDE" selected="sel-HIDE" actnoseltextcolor="0xff8400" activetextcolor="0xff8400" fontsize="30" align="right" disable="@@disable-HIDE"/>

<text text="@@movie_year" x="216" y="145" w="320" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left"/>

<text text="@@movie_total_time" x="216" y="182" w="320" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left"/>

<text text="@@movie_actor" x="216" y="219" w="650" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left" speed="1" delay="2"/>

<text text="@@movie_genre" x="545" y="145" w="320" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left"/>

<text text="@@movie_director" x="545" y="182" w="320" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left"/>

<image image="@@music_metadata_thumbnail_bg" x="70" y="49" w="196" h="196" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>

<image image="@@music_metadata_thumbnail" x="70" y="49" w="196" h="196" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>

<text text="@@music_title" x="279" y="55" w="932" h="48" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="48" align="left" speed="1" delay="2"/>

<image image="@@music_option_rating" x="282" y="108" w="124" h="21" align="hcenter" />
	<image image="@@music_favorite" x="420" y="108" w="23" h="21" align="hcenter" />

<text text="@@music_artist" x="279" y="145" w="580" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left"/>

<text text="@@music_genre" x="279" y="182" w="580" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left"/>

<text text="@@music_year" x="279" y="219" w="580" h="22" textcolor="0xffffff" fontsize="20" align="left"/>

<image image="image/video_option_divider.png" x="70" y="260" w="1140" h="1" align="hcenter" />

<text text="@@info" x="70" y="286" w="1140" h="340" fontsize="26" textcolor="0xc1c1c1" align="left" numlines="@@numlines-info" id="info" start_line="@@start_line-info" disable_tail_dots="1"/>

<image image="image/video_option_divider.png" x="70" y="636" w="1140" h="1" align="hcenter" />

<text text="@@prev_page" x="70" y="656" w="400" h="22" fontsize="20" align="left" textcolor="0x565656" active="@@prev-info" actnoseltextcolor="0xffffff"/>

<text text="@@next_page" x="810" y="655" w="400" h="22" fontsize="20" align="right" textcolor="0x565656" active="@@next-info" actnoseltextcolor="0xffffff"/>

</page>
1 Like