Music player fixes

The Hub does not recognize a Disc Number tag in my FLAC audio files.  If an album is 2 CDs, it simply lumps them all together by track number instead of keeping them organized by Disc Number then Track Number. 

Is there a way to display a nice size cover of the CD, album info, and artist background images while you listen to an album?  There must be ways to make the Music feature of the Hub as sexy as the Video support!!!

Quote:“…Is there a way to display a nice size cover of the CD, album info, and artist background images while you listen to an album?  There must be ways to make the Music feature of the Hub as sexy as the Video support!”

When it comes to that I have good news and bad news:

Good:

If have a nice big display of the cover art working in a theme I´m working on.

Also song title, album name and genre of the song playing are working fine.

Bad:

The only problem is to get the artist’s name. It´s is in the @@artist variable. But in an akward way. This variable is used for other things too, and therefore sometimes holds the artist’s name, but of a selected song, not the one that’s playing,. Sometimes it’s hold no data at all.

The only solution I know of the display the artist name, is the one used in the original theme: use the variable @@panel_info, but that holds the song´s name, artist´s name and album name in one string.

BTW the styling of all this is handled by the audio_ex_playing.xml file

The selection menus are in other files. I can find their file names if you need those.

You are working on a theme for the Music player???!!!  That is great news!  I DEFINITELY want to check it out when it is available. 

I don’t know if this will help you with the Artist problem or not, but what if you used “Album Artist” instead of “Artist”? 

Sorry for the late response…something went wrong with my subscription to the forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. Alas, but I tried several other variables that could contain the artist’s name.

I’ve gone through all the xml-files (not by hand though, haha) in the Legacy theme, in search of other variables with “artist” in it, but none of those work :frowning:

About the music theme: I was working on a complete theme, but as I encountered several problems such as @@artist not working properly, I decided to dig deeper in search of things useful for making themes. As several files from the Mochi theme are missing in the Legacy theme, I have downloaded the Hub’s firmware and extracted all files from it. I now have the complete Mochi files, and will see if I can find some info there that helps.

In the coming weeks I hope to find the time to work on my theme itself again.

I’ll post in the themes forum when I have something ready :slight_smile: