Music files

I have 1439 music albums store in music and nothing else at all ,the problem is that for sum reason in video there’s 4500 files most are pictures of albums covers which I have not loaded on, if I delete one then I loose the equivalent album , also every time I alter something it go’s into compiling library which takes 3 or 4 hours my Question is how to delete the 4500 files in video and not my music files, it has taken a lot of time to load the music and I don’t want to loose it, I think deleting them will sort out the other problems

Hello,

Sounds like you were using a thumbnail generator.

To my understanding, deleting the images should not delete the audio files as well.

I’m not shore what I thumb nail generator is or how to turn it off, I’ve deleted one album cover from my video filed one of the 4500 and it immediately deleted the album Quillivanvt I my music file, is there any way I can delete all the files from my video and leave the music files, is there any way that I can delete the video files and leave the music files, depressed tony

just spent 8h deleting all my files only to realise that when you upload music files wd put the accompanying art work and cd information in photos as thumbnails ( which you cannot delete without deleting the music file or movie to the music as it’s the same source) , I think this adds to the compiling time witch is a long time even when I’m just adding one cd , so my question is what can I do to improve it or can anyone recommend a better external hard drive with better software. ps it’s going to take weeks to put it all back tony