Multiple freezes after upgrading to Os5

I waited very long before upgrading from Os 3 to Os5. Later adopter so not to have early version bugs. First, let me say I regret very much upgrading. After the upgrade to Os5 I installed docker and plex and I log onto ssh to copy the backup files back to /opt folder so that I can restore all the data from my multiple dockers.

Every single time I execute ‘cp -R bkpfile restoredfile’, everysingle time the NAS freezes. It also freezes from time to time if I create a new docker image and container.

It has also become unresponsive while transfering large files.

Overall my super trusty NAS that I have been using for the last 4 years without a single crash has become truly unresponsive and fails after each breath I take…

Drives health show ok. I finished the cloud indexing and my unit is up to date.

What should I do ? Not happy right now

1 Like

If I do all the comands on sudo mode it seems to work more often and crash less

I managed to install all the containers. Overall Os 5 is more unstable than OS 3. I’m now having alerts about power supply failing (never had any msg with OS 3 nor instability)

I needed to replace 2 power supplies in the past
and I use a UPS and avoid power strips

( my cat likes to flip the power level on power strips )

The unit is on a UPS since day 1. No cats :slight_smile:
The unit has become stable since I finished installing all the dockers (it was truly hell for the installations) I don’t log into ssh, no freezes. No more power supply messages either.