Multible file/folder download

Thank you for the screen post which describes copying multiple files and folders in a local USB accessible environment.

This original thread is more about copying a ‘shared a folder to my friend’ which is a remote operation because his friend is most likely not in the same location as the My Cloud Home and has no access to the USB port.

Remote operation with multiple files and folders can be done currently by using either:

1. WD Discovery from the desktop (WD Discovery is being deprecated by June, 2023, although as of early July it is still working).
  2. Incorporating Tailscale as described above for generalized remote access through any supported OS (iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux) and non-WD third party mobile apps. Tailscale could also allow the remote access of My Cloud Home without using Western Digital servers which could be shut down without much notice as we saw in early April, 2023.

This is why Tailscale support is important and should be incorporated into the My Cloud Home firmware. Tailscale is a free mesh VPN for personal use.