MP4 H264 Frames per second

Hi, I am thinking of upgrading to a Western Digital TV Live Streaming Media player, i was hoping someone could tell me if  an MP4 - H264 encoded file with 29.97 Frames Per Second would work? 

Also would the same file with 25 FPS work also?

I would appreciate any replys.

Hi, I am thinking of upgrading to a Western Digital TV Live Streaming Media player, i was hoping someone could tell me if  an MP4 - H264 encoded file with 29.97 Frames Per Second would work?

Videos with my pocket 1080p video camera ( at 29.97 fps) stream perfectly; either wired or wirelessly.

Also would the same file with 25 FPS work also?

Dunno.  I don’t get too intrigued with what the framerates are, because a quaility video of a standard and common type just plays on a WDTV, so that is the bottom line.

Unless you have non-standard videos I would imagine you would have no problems, so get the WDTV and start enjoying it.

Thanks for the reply.

My current media player is a WDTV Mini and it only plays MP4 files (encoded with FFmpeg) at 29.97 FPS, any other FPS and it won’t play them properly.

I suppose i don’t want to encode lots of files with one or the other FPS and then have to redo them all to work.