Moving HDD from My Cloud Live Duo and My Cloud to EX4100

I just received a My Cloud EX4100 from the WD store. I want to move the drives from my My Book Live Duo into the EX4100. Is this possible or am I still screwed as posts back in 2017 say.

Addenda: Can the drive from a My Cloud be moved into a diskless EX4100?
Are WD brand HDD the only ones compatible with the EX4100?
Do HDD placed into the EX4100 have to be blank or can the contain data?

If the answers to these questions are No, No, Yes, Blank, then I’m out either the cost of the EX4100 or I’ll have to spend another $400 - $500 to populate it.

Are WD brand HDD the only ones compatible with the EX4100? – NO, I know there is a limit on other brandname HDD that EX4100 support.

Do HDD placed into the EX4100 have to be blank or can the contain data? – It does not matter, if the HDD doesn’t have the support format. You device will ask if you want to format it.

Can the drive from a My Cloud be moved into a diskless EX4100? I’m not sure about this. But it would not hurt to try. Just remember, when transfer the HDDs, check to make sure you can see your data. If you can’t see your data from it, then shutdown your device and remove the HDDs. Or else you might accidentally format the HDDS and loose all your data.

Thank you, jebusx.

I realised my one NAS’ contents had been copied to one of my PC’s. Since that NAS has a 3TB capacity I should be able to copy the data from the one NAS to that unit and then install it into the EX4100. Let the EX4100 do its thing and then (hopefully) copy the data back. And then do the same for the other 2 HDD.

I don’t know I did or why it happened, but the MBLD is now showing up plain as day under explorer. Cuh-rayzee, man.