Moving files/ renaming etc

redcore44 wrote:

I’m trying to figure out how I can rename a folder on the cloud. Is there even a way to do it?

If not, how can I move files from one folder to the next in a fast manner?

As of now, when I move files, its only moving them at about ~2-3mb per second which is agonizingly slow. If the files are on the cloud already, there should be a fast way to move them as you do on your computer.

It feels like it working through the internet to move files which it should not do.

Are you talking about renaming a share folder or some ordinary child folder within the parent share ? For all the shares that you create from the EX2’s dashboard, you can go to the Shares menu and change the name there. For all the other child folders, simply connect from network and rename them like any other from your PC

You can’t change the name of the default folders like: Public, Smartware, etc

As for your 2-3MB/s transfer spee, i believe that you are using WIFI. I shall show you how i got from 2MB/s up to 15-20MB/s over wifi. Please check my topic: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/What-to-do-to-increase-transfer-speed/m-p/847789#M2566

When you are tranfering files like you would do from your normal PC, i believe that everything passes trough your PC and then back to the nas again. You could try using the WebFile Explorer App from EX2’s dashboard. There you have the option to move files and maybe it will be faster. Other options using SSH, but i’m not the right person since i have no idea how to do it.

1 Like