Movies/shows being doubled

Using WD My Cloud external storage for movies and tv shows. When accessing the directory there are movies and shows that have a second copy causing the hard drive to slow down as well as limiting the number of file names to be accessed. Why is the hard drive making second copies of the files? Using Sony blue ray player to access the hard drive.

When you access the hard drive via a computer the second copied files do not show up?

How is the Sony Blue Ray player accessing the My Cloud (if you are using a My Cloud)? Using DLNA or some sort of file manager?

If accessing via DLNA then one should check the Twonky administration interface (ex. http://wdmycloud:9000) on the My Cloud to see what Media Renderer the Twonky DLNA media server is using for the Sony Blue Ray player.

Other troubleshooting steps. Access the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Media and rebuild the DLNA database.

Edit to add: The My Cloud is not making “a second copy”, instead there is a problem with how either the Twonky DLNA media server is parsing the media files, a problem with the Media Renderer Twonky has chosen for the Sony Blue Ray player, or a problem with the DLNA client on the Sony Blue Ray player.