Movies and TV

How do you designate TV scraping and Movie Scraping? When I try manual scrape on a tv show it comes back with no results but it looks like it is trying to fetch content from moviedb and not tvdb?

Reason I think its doing that is my naming convention is fine as I use the same files with XBMC on tvdb and no problems. When i click on change scraper it is going into the movie scrapers selection. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

moviebuff12 wrote:

How do you designate TV scraping and Movie Scraping? When I try manual scrape on a tv show it comes back with no results but it looks like it is trying to fetch content from moviedb and not tvdb?

Reason I think its doing that is my naming convention is fine as I use the same files with XBMC on tvdb and no problems. When i click on change scraper it is going into the movie scrapers selection. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Basically the scrapers are rubbish.

I have had moderate success when my tvshows were named…showname.s01e13.htdv.lol.avi,

but i aways rename them once they downloaded to Showname - [01x13] - title.avi in this format it fails everytime.

As for the Fetch showing Moviedb… that confused me for sometime… thinking it was using the wrong scraper but it actual fact it trying to be helpful be giving you a list of other scrapers you can search against… it is just there only moviedb and tvdb.

mine named like this Showname s01e01.mkv

Thought maybe there was somewhere to tell WDTV to search TVDB or MovieDB

moviebuff12 wrote:

make sure all spaces are replaced with . 

but to be honest i gave up on it… and just use Thumbgen or the other TV Scraper tool in here.

Kazgor wrote:

moviebuff12 wrote:

make sure all spaces are replaced with . 

but to be honest i gave up on it… and just use Thumbgen or the other TV Scraper tool in here.

What Tv scraper tool is that?

its over in the HUB General forum. i would assume it will be ok for yours/

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Version-1-6-2-1-Tool-to-scrape-TV-Show-Information-for-the-WDTV/td-p/125290

Nice thanx probbly similar to Ember. I used EMber Media Manager to do all my Tv shows and Movies for my XBMC in the living room but WDTV doesnt recognize nfo’s made by it it seems. Not sure I want to go do all those over again heeh I have alot of TV shows and movies.

There’s no need to replace spaces with dots.

The show names should follow this format:

Show Name.SxxEyy.ext

where xx is a two-digit SEASON

where yy is a two-digit EPISODE.

The S and E should be UPPER-CASE.

not sure if I have the season and episode (S & E) in upper or lower case. Ill have to check that when I get home

I’m actually not sure if it’s a requirement.   I do know that it can cause problems if they’re mixed, such as Sxxeyy or sxxEyy, etc…

But all of mine are upper case and works perfectly.