Movie stops - Cannot skip

I don’t know where i’m suposed to put this or whatever but alot of films keep doing this to me

I get near the end and they just end with there still being around 30 minutes left. You try go back to the movie and skipping (x2, x4, x8, x16, x32) and it says your not allowed to skip

Why does this keep doing this!?

klarkus wrote:

I don’t know where i’m suposed to put this or whatever but alot of films keep doing this to me

I get near the end and they just end with there still being around 30 minutes left. You try go back to the movie and skipping (x2, x4, x8, x16, x32) and it says your not allowed to skip

Can you provide info on these encodings?

klarkus wrote:

They’re bad encodes.  They’re either missing sequence headers, or missing the indices altogether.

Get your source discs, and make proper encodes using a different program.

I had this problem on .mkv files with bitrates higher than about 1500 Kbps. Definitely check your encodings.