Move Files

How do I move files from one folder to another?

You can use copy & paste. Which is very slow. Or you could use SSH and use the mv command in Linux.

The same way you do so on your computer using Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder. Either drag and drop or copy and paste from one My Cloud folder to another My Cloud folder using Windows FIle Explorer or Mac Finder.

I have tried drag and drop, but the file is not moving. How do use Mac finder to move a file?

Drag and drop using what program? Are you connecting to the My Cloud on the local network or connecting to a My Cloud in a remote location?

Do you have a Macintosh computer, or a Windows PC, or a mobile device? If mobile device is it Android or iOS?

I have a MAC. I am bringing up the folders, opening one so I have a list of the files in the folder. Then I grab the file I want to move and drag it to the new folder. My cloud is on my home network.

Are you able to access the My Cloud with Mac Finder? If yes, then you should be able to move a file (or folder) from one location on the My Cloud to another. This assumes that you have permission to access the Share on the My Cloud you are attempting to move files into. If you cannot move a file, try copying and pasting the file from one location to another on the My Cloud.

If you do not have permission to access a specific Share, then access the My Cloud Dashboard and configure the correct permission (Read/Write) for the Share under the Share tab.

I can now access My Cloud with Mac Finder. After I figured out how to access my folder and not a guest, I was able to get in and move files. Thank-you very much for you help and patience.