Mount MyCloud Home drive without WD Discovery

Is there a way to mount MyCloud Home to Windows or a Mac/Linux without using the WD Discovery application?

I want to back up my MyCloud Home drive, but the only way I can do it is if my backup software sees it as a local drive/directory. Is there any way to do this?

WD Discovery provides a translation layer to the My Cloud Home (MCH) hard disk(s) so that the underlying MCH operating system which is purportedly to be Android based could serve as a file server using different protocols such as TCP or SMB. The divided user spaces are ‘Public’ and ‘Private’ and they offered different access speeds perhaps due to the differing protocols, with access to ‘Public’ about 4 times higher than ‘Private’. Without the WD Discovery running, you will not see a shortcut link to the two user spaces and you won’t be able to copy any files other than using the web browser app to communicate with the MCH Android OS and instruct it to process file transfer commands.

This is my limited understanding of the MCH system as a newbie and any WD support should be able to answer this better. The following picture is what I could get out of my MCH in file throughput.

MCH1throughput_fourtimes2021-02-09

The Windows backup program used is Freefilesync portable version 6.2 which does not have the malware problem associated with the more recent releases. Get that version from here: FreeFileSync Portable (synchronize files and folders) | PortableApps.com