More strangeness with IOS9 and My Cloud application - non Wifi connectivity

I have not been able to connect to any of my cloud drives from a non-wifi connection.

I thought perhaps it was router/firewall issue but I do not think so. If I am on local network wifi with the iPhone 6s running 902, the app finds the drives and can connect. However, if I turn off wifi on the phone and connect cellular, I immediately receive “DRIVE OFFLINE is not accessible. Local documents are available.”

So, in an attempt to do thorough troubleshooting, I went to MANAGE DEVICES in the IOS app and removed all connected devices. I get this message: NO NETWORK - The Internet is unavailable. Please try again later. I have cellular internet on my phone. I triple check after this message and everything works.

Now restart the app and get the same message. Press OK. Since I am still cellular only, I go into the device console from my laptop which is wifi and generate a new code for a cloud device. On the phone, which is still cellular only at this point, I input the code, and get this message “UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DRIVE. The Internet is unavailable. Please try again later.” Again, this is not the case. Triple check connectivity again.

So now on my phone I re-enable wifi. Immediately all cloud devices show up as available and also in the listing of MyCloud.com drives. For the my cloud drives (versus the mybooklive devices, I am even asked if I want to automatically back up photos (I click NOT NOW). I can now see all of the shares across the devices, but ONLY if my phone has wifi. I thought perhaps it was a Upnp issue, but when I go into the dashboard of my drives, this is what I get:

"Cloud Access Status

Connection Status

Connected Port forwarding connection established."

Here is more troubleshooting I did: I also went to the settings of the app (under manage services and settings) and under the MYCLOUD.COM section clicked the button to SIGN OUT. Disable Wifi and then When I restarted the app I was given the screen to log into MyCloud. I entered the username and password for the account. When I enter the credentials, and press SIGN IN, it immediately returns a red message of “Incorrect email or password.”

Well, this is WRONG. To prove it, I then logged into wd2go from my laptop and signed right in. On the phone with the credentials still in the fields and the error message on the screen, I re-enable wifi from the iPhone tools at the bottom and then press the sign in button again. I am immediately authenticated into MyCloud. This is really leading me to believe the issue is NOT with network settings in my network, but the inability of the application to actually do anything without wifi.

Am I the only one seeing so many strange issues with this app on IOS 9 such that I should think the issue is relegated only to my device?

After being focused on this being a device-specific issue I discovered that the my cloud app was indeed restricted from using cellular data. I’m not sure how or why but after addressing that, it seems as though I can connect to the devices over cellular.

This is currently being investigated. Thanks for the heads-up.