Mojo for the SMP. (Updated 9-29-12)

That’s because the xml format for TV shows is different than it is for movies and Thumbgen has not been updated (yet) to output the correct format for TV shows.

You’ll have to manually edit the xml’s for them to display correctly, which is like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  01: Awakening   Buck Rogers in the 25th Century   In the year 1987, NASA launched space probe Ranger III, with astronaut William "Buck" Rogers, on a 5-month trip around the solar system. However, the craft runs into a meteor storm, which disrupts its life support system and sends it into a long elliptical orbit of the Earth. In the year 2491, Ranger III again approaches the Earth, and is intercepted by the alien flagship Draconia, which is on a peace mission to Earth. Aboard the Draconia, Buck is revived by Princess Ardala and her second-in- command, Kane, whose true plan is to attack and conquer Earth. Buck is sent to Earth with a hidden homing device, which is soon discovered by Earth's Defense Directorate. After Buck convinces the humans of his true identity -- a man from the past -- he helps them to repel the Draconians' attack, with the aid of the mechanoids Dr. Theopolis and Twiki   1979-09-20   Buck Rogers in the 25th Century   Pilot   1   1   60     8.1   tt0078579   TV-14   Sci-Fi   Gil Gerard, Erin Gray, Felix Silla, Mel Blanc, Tim O'Connor, William Conrad, Eric Server   Daniel Haller   NBC   BUCK ROGERS S01E01\_sheet.jpg     BUCK ROGERS S01E01.mkv   N/A

Or, you can do what I have done, which is to create a dummy folder, with dummy files of  your TV shows, then use the get info feature on the SMP to get the data, then copy all the xmls for the dummy files to your real files folder.

However, Thumbgen has been made aware of this and hopefully will have a fix in an upcomming release.

2 Likes

Thank you for that quick response - it saves me a lot of time trying to sort it out myself.

klinkpc wrote:

Thank you for that quick response - it saves me a lot of time trying to sort it out myself.

klinkpc, I have found this works for me with TV episodes. Rename your tv episode file like this:

Buck Rogers - S1E1.avi

It must be file title, space, hyphen, space S1E1.avi (or whatever the file type is).  Don’t use any zeroes in your file name.

It works around 90% of the time for me.

If necessary, then you can get back into the xml sheet and update it if required.  Or Edit the info while in ThumbGen, add playing time in minutes, or Genre with Thriller/Drama.  Remember to hit the green tick at the foot of the page to ‘remember’ your edits.

See if it works for you.

@thomfam,

The issue klinkpc was having didn’t have anything to do with file naming or Thumbgen not picking up the file.

Besides, you really need to name your file “Buck Rogers - S01E01.avi” and you really don’t need the hyphen.  But season/episodes should always have “0” for the single digit season/episodes.

Anyway, the problem that they were having is that Thumbgen doesn’t output the xml for TV shows in the correct format.

You have to manually edit it for the TV show xml to display correctly.

@Tinwarble

Yep, you are quite right. I can edit the xml files but it takes forever so I will put up with it until thumbgen’s author gets a chance to fix it. The thing is I much prefer the way your theme shows the data so quickly. Other themes are just a bit too slow for me. Keep up the great work.

Awesome theme, sir!  I can see that a lot of hard work went into it!  Thank you!  :smiley:

Took me a bit get used to ThumbGen, but I once I did, it was a breeze.  For me, the only thing I felt lacking was the language was not displayed.  So I took the liberty in “altering” your base template by adding in a language tag (via the token tags).  This way the actual language of the movie/tv show is displayed.  Granted, this will only work properly with files that have a single audio track.  If there are multiple tracks, only the first language would then be displayed. 

This is not for everyone.  I just like to know what the native langauge is on the movie that I am watching.  Sometimes, I just wanna “vegetate” on the sofa and not have to read anything…  ;P  

Here is an example of the base template that I altered (with language tag):

Keep up the get work and thank you again for the theme!

~ SodGawd

P.S. – I registered just so that I could say thank you for the theme!

@SodGawd,

Thanks, I’m glad you like the theme.

The reason I didn’t add anything else is because I was trying to keep the moviesheets as clean as possible but add the most common elements that most everone would want.  Also, I didn’t add any language tokens because all I’m concerned about  is the 2 languages I speak.  English and bad english.:smileyvery-happy:

But you, or anyone else,  are welcome to edit the moviesheets in anyway that suits you best.

Anyway, thanks again and enjoy

TW

Tinwarble wrote:

@thomfam,

The issue klinkpc was having didn’t have anything to do with file naming or Thumbgen not picking up the file.

Besides, you really need to name your file “Buck Rogers - S01E01.avi” and you really don’t need the hyphen.  But season/episodes should always have “0” for the single digit season/episodes.

Anyway, the problem that they were having is that Thumbgen doesn’t output the xml for TV shows in the correct format.

You have to manually edit it for the TV show xml to display correctly.

Thanks Tinwarble.  I had tried exactly that previously ie S01E01 and no hyphen and couldn’t get it to work.  I just tried it again and it is working perfectly.  Obviously I was doing something wrong previously.

Point taken, Love the Theme!

@thomfam,

Not a problem. 

However, I do need to make a correction. Your naming for TV shows should really be:

Buck Rogers.S01E01.avi

Notice the “.” between the name and the S01.   This actually has to do with the SMP/HUB rather then anything to do with Thumbgen.

If you don’t use this naming convention, you may find that if you have a lot of episodes in you Season folder, the SMP/HUB will not display the episodes above a certain number if you don’t use this naming convention.

Hi, Im from Italy and u have to excuse me for my little english

How i can display the moviesheets instantly? At this moment passes 2-3 seconds to display, is not instantly

You can’t.  As I have explained numerous times (including in the tutorial), this is how the firmware handles backdrops which is how moviesheets are displayed.

This is because the moviesheets are displayed using the photo slideshow.  This is a firmware issue and NOT a theme issue and there is really no way to get around it using the current method.

Ok, no problem. Thank U

But at least if you use Mojo as a theme you have the data from the xml file displayed instantly. The movie backdrop appears a few seconds later.

Can you post what firmware you used on the SMP when setting this up?  I just want to make sure i mirror what you have done so as to avoid any potential issues along the way :slight_smile:

Cheers,

The latest firmware 1.09.10.

1 Like

Thanks TW.

Could you tell why my cover sheet does not have much color for:

When i compare it to the examples given:

Mojo for the SMP-color.jpg

cheers.

First off, I just had to register to give a major thank you to Tinwarble and all of his hard work putting together the theme’s, creating the thumbgen walkthrough, and helping everyone out here.

That being said, I really hope you can help me out Tinwarble, because I am 99% of the way there, but that 1% has me banging my head against the wall.

I have everything working right now, except for the proper cover images for my television shows. Here is how things are organized on my PC:

1. A folder called movies and all the movie files saved in there. (I originally had each file in a folder, but removed them to make it work). Everything in this folder works properly. The images on the bottom of the screen show the reflection, the sheets work, etc.

2. A folder called TV. Under that folder is a folder called Breaking Bad. Under that folder are folders called Breaking Bad Season 2, Breaking Bad Season 3, Breaking Bad Season 4. I’m just working on one season right now because I just can’t get the SMP to show the images right.

I create all the images using thumbgen (making sure to not have that box checked as per your instructions). Looking at my files I have all the correct files.

I.E. Breaking Bad S02E01.jpg → I’m using your template with the “Season X , Episode Y” on it. Breaking Bad S02E01_cover etc, after running thumbgen, and looking at my files, the Breaking Bad S02E01.jpg is the image with the “Season X, Episode Y” on it." But when I go to my SMP, and open up Season 2, all the images on the bottom don’t have that “Season X, Episode Y” on them. And they don’t have the reflection. To make it more interesting, if I highlight an episode, and click on options, the image on the next screen with all the options is the image I want, the one with the “Season X, Episode Y” on it.

I’m really starting to pull my hair out. For the life of me I really can’t understand where the SMP is pulling the images for the cover box’s from. From the SMP I’ve turned media library on and off, I’ve done a reset, I’ve used the media library and done a rescan, etc, and nothing changes. I’ve also deleted the wd_tv folder on my PC and then started all the scanning over again but that doesn’t work either. I’ve also run into issues where I can’t delete the WD_TV folder because it says I don’t have permission, and I’ve run into issues on the SMP where it says that my folder is read only even though I didn’t change anything.

As an experiment, I’ve removed all of the TV files and folders under TV and just now have 1 episode under TV. I re-ran Thumbgen and verified that the Breaking Bad S02E01.jpg had the “Season X, Episode Y” on it. Not only do I not get that cover box, the image that is there isn’t even in my folder anymore. And I’ve run every reset, rescan, media library update I can think of. And now when I click on the options button while on the episode, it’s NOT showing the correct “season x, episode y” image on the options screen. I don’t think I’m doing anything different, and I can’t get the SMP to act consistently.

So in summary, I don’t know if I have two issues or many.

1. I can’t figure out how to make the SMP see the current images on my computer. I try restarts, on/off media library, etc. Everything seems hit or miss, no consistency.

2. I can’t figure out why the SMP won’t use the Breaking Bad S02E01.jpg with the season X, episode y info on it. I also can’t figure out where the SMP is even getting some of the images sometimes. Does it even have internal memory / cache? Like I said, I’ve deleted all the data under the TV folder but one episode, and the SMP is still showing an image that isn’t in that folder. Is it my computer? Is the computer doing something funky?

As an aside, every time I make a new _sheet file it shows up properly under the right episode. It’s just the coverbox that doesn’t seem to want to work.

I hope this all makes sense and doesn’t sound like a bunch of ramblings. Somehow I got my movie folder to work great. Although I’m scared now I won’t be able to recreate it once I get the TV one working.

Thanks.

@timmer,

There is an issue with that moviesheet.  However, it should not be using the default common images (which is what your’s is showing).

It appears you maybe missing the Common folder for the template.  When you unzip the file, make sure that you unzip the entire folder to the Templates folder.

Also, as I type, I am uploading a updated version of the sheet to correct a couple of things, so make sure you download the new version.

@Huffer007,

If the correct images for your thumbs aren’t showing up, try changing the folder name (preferable the Season folder).

So, if have something like this:

Breaking Bad (folder)

Season 1 (folder)

Breaking Bad.S01E01.avi

Breaking Bad.S01E02.avi

etc.

Then try changing “Season 1” to “Season 01”, then clear the media library and allow to recompile.

1 Like

Thanks TinWarble, I’ve tried Season 1, but I guess I will try Season 01.

I’ve also tried having the video files as both Breaking Bad.S02E01 and Breaking Bad S02E01.

I’ll give it  shot though.

Just to clarify, are you suggesting just changing the folder name and then clearing the Media Library, or changing the name of the folder and then reunning Thumbgen to create the images and XML to match the new folder name?

I.E.  If I just rename the folder, will that screw anything up in regards to the XML?

Thanks!

So I just renamed my folder to Season 02 and rescanned the Media Library and it didn’t work.

But here is something that I can’t wrap my head around.  When I go into Files from the SMP, and then look at the files in the Season 02 folder, I see 5 files.

Breaking Bad S02E02.jpg

Breaking Bad S02E02_cover.jpg

Breaking Bad S02E02_fanart.jpg

Breaking Bad S02E02_sheet.jpg

Breaking Bad S02E02.avi

And when I look at the 1st file there, it is the exact one I want!  The one with the “Season 2, Episode 1” info on it.

So my files section is getting the right data, but it’s not correct in the Videos section.  What makes it even more strange is that the image that is being displayed for the cover box in the video section isn’t even anywhere near that folder on my computer anymore.  And, I’ve propably restarted, and done media library rescans dozens of times.

Could this be a firmware issue?  I don’t know why my Movie folder worked perfectly.  I did create those images in the previous version of Thumbgen and have been creating these one’s for the TV folder with the latest one.

Update #1

So I’ve rerun thumbgen (again), and create new images.  The result is the same.  Everything but the cover box’s get’s updated in the Video’s section of the SMP (The new folder structure, Folder Name, the backgrounds, etc).  And in the “Files” section of the SMP, the .jpg is the one with the "Season X, Episode Y) on it.

For some reason the Video’s setion will not show the season/episode header and footer.  Could it be an issue with the coverbox template?  Or the firmare?