Mkv Files not Working!

Hello, yes from the title iv noticed plenty of topics about it and been reading them… none make sense at all to me and would like someone to explain in simple terms on how to possibly fix. Iv tryed the reboot mainly so far and nothing worked there so. If there is a good converter i can use to make the MkV files to mp4 so they would work that would be amazing…* and iv alrdy tryed VLC, doesnt work at all*

So overall if someone can give me a dumbdown version on how to fix the Issue of Mkv files not working on my WD player that be great. Thanks.

Get “Freemake Video Converter.” As its name indicates, it’s free. Just about the best, most comprehensive Converter out there. Up until now I have not found anything it will not convert. I have been using it for years. Once you load an MkV file, or several at once (this would be the point at which you would know whether it will load an MkV), but provided the MkV loads, it is very easy to choose to export in Mp4. I convert everything to Mp4 all the time, but I do not have any MkV files myself or I would have tried them for you.

Incidentally, WDTV has always recognised and played every Mp4 I’ve thrown at it. Even huge ones, Blu-ray rips of up to 11gb.

Finally, if you have no joy, someone on here, in a thread about six months ago, pasted in the page from the WDTV Manual (which is on Western Digital’s website) that describes the formats that WDTV will, and will not, play. I suggest using the term “formats” in the searchbox here on WDTV section to find comments relating to the problem you’re having. (It should be easy enough to find the page about acceptable formats using the Manual’s contents page though).

Personally, I would get the Converter and go all Mp4 anyway.

tyvm for the reply.