Missing start of audio during playback of music tracks

Hi,

I have a quick question.  When playing back music tracks via my WD TV Live, the first 0.5 to 1 seconds of audio are missing.  I am connected via HDMI via a Sony STR-DG820 receiver.  Not sure if it is a decode delay issue on the Sony or something odd with the WD TV box.  Currently running firmware 1.02.21

Have played around with audio decode options on the Sony, no difference.

Any ideas ?

The Little Black Duck

Yeah, that’s correct…  The WDTV doesn’t send any silence long enough to sync to; it just starts playing immediately.

For music, it may be better to use the Analog outputs because there won’t be a delay there.

I had the same issue with my Denon AVR 1910 and ended up using the analog output.

Thanks,

Sounds like an idea for a feature/improvement to me - “insert silence for HDMI audio sync for music playback” :wink:

Thanks again,

Littleblackduck.

Hi,

Some good news I think.  Have put the 1.3.40 beta release on my WD TV Live box tonight and…issue is solved.  No more missing audio when using HDMI playback for music.  TIme to ditch the analog outs as a workaround by the looks of it ;-). 

Best Regards,

Scott.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

For music, it may be better to use the Analog outputs because there won’t be a delay there.

Actuallz there is, at least with the WDTV 1st gen. Some people reported this behaviour on the LIVE too but I haven’t been able to reproduce it.

littleblackduck wrote:

Hi,

Some good news I think.  Have put the 1.3.40 beta release on my WD TV Live box tonight and…issue is solved.  No more missing audio when using HDMI playback for music.  TIme to ditch the analog outs as a workaround by the looks of it ;-). 

Best Regards,

Scott.

You might want to mark this thread as “solved” with your own post as the answer in order to help others.

I can confirm that the issue appears to be resolved in the latest beta. Excellent :slight_smile: