Missing movies

I have used exclusively DVD Decrypter to rip the DVDs I own to my PC. All are saved as .m4v extentions. But of the 15 or so movies on the hard drive, only 6 show up on the WD Live. What do I need to do to see all the movies? 

On another note, is DVDFab a better alternative?

DVD Decrypter makes m4vs?   I didn’t know that…  

Sorry about that! I forgot a step in the process. The output From DVD Decrypter is run thru HandBrake to make the .m4v files.

norwestie wrote:

I have used exclusively DVD Decrypter to rip the DVDs I own to my PC. All are saved as .m4v extentions. But of the 15 or so movies on the hard drive, only 6 show up on the WD Live. What do I need to do to see all the movies? 

On another note, is DVDFab a better alternative?

In its day, DVD decrypter was the best. However, DVD Decrypter is a very old program that has not been updated in years. There are many newer DVDs that will not work properly with DVD Decrypter because of new copy protection schemes. I would not use this obsolete program anymore.

DVDFab is a very good choice for a ripper. It is updated very frequently (sometimes several times per month) to deal with new copy protection schemes. There is a 30 day trial period, but even after the trial period is over, the ripper part of the software stays active perminately.

Thanks. I’ll try running them thru with DVDFab from now on.