Milesone Arcus licensing is a disaster..now with instructions on finding the SLC

The interface won’t let me buy a license. Contacting WD Support I am told that I must call a reseller to buy a license :confounded:

This whole thing has me quite frustrated as I have called most of the re-sellers in my state and all but one say that I can’t buy a license from them. The one that says I can buy from them says I need an SLC code from Milestone that identifies my device but I can’t find it anywhere.

I am simply amazed that this is such a mess when all I want to do is buy a license.

I am >< close to buying licenses for my ReadyNAS surveillance software and selling my PR2100 as the only thing I use my PR2100 for is Milestone Arcus.

I am in the same boat as you, I have spent the better part of 3 weeks trying to find anyone who I can get license from. The product ( Arcus ) is essentially a dead product. I have been through at least a dozen different people from both companies and no one cares. I cant figure out why they market it as an nvr solution when there is no solution. Let me know if you ever find a reseller, capable of issuing licenses.

Tks, H3

Will do.

I have decided that I will most likely abandon the WD NAS and will just build a little PC and install Blue Iris on it.

If I can actually buy an Arcus license I will but I am not holding my breath right now. It really stinks as I have been promoting the PR line of NAS’s for quite awhile now and feeling quite mislead at the moment.

So nobody from WD can help me figure this out it seems. Their support hasn’t replied in 6 days now, Milestone never responded to me, and there doesn’t appear to be anything that I can do about it either.

I started out being very polite and understanding but this is starting to really agitate me. I have been an ardent WD supporter for years now and have purchased a lot of their products for both work and home use but that may be coming to an end after this debacle.

Okay so thanks to WD for nothing I finally got in touch with someone from Milestone thru chat that was willing to help me.

In order to get the SLC do the following:

1. https://force.milestonesys.com/support/MccChatRoomOverview
    Click on “Main chat (English)”
  2. Tell them you need to find the SLC for your WD PR2100.
  3. Tell them that you will need to provide the .lic file for this based on previous owner reports.
  4. Open your Milestone web client and log into the system.
  5. Go to the My Profile tab on the left and click on the Get Support Information button.
  6. Wait for the e-mail to come (if you have an e-mail set up) or wait for the download to complete.
  7. Extract the archive and search for *.lic which should show a license.lic file.
  8. E-mail this to the rep (after getting their e-mail address) and they can find out your SLC.
  9. Find a reseller
    Theoretical below as I haven’t received a call back yet
  10. Hope they know what you are talking about when you say that you need to purchase a license.
  11. Give them the SLC and they should be able to give you pricing.

It sounds like there are 1,3, and 5 year licenses. I am not happy about this as I didn’t figure they would expire but I need to do some more investigating.

I am very unhappy with WD and this whole process even needing to occur.

ETA: They can’t find your SLC information based off of your WD serial # so don’t bother trying that.

I’m done with this platform and will never recommend it to anyone ever again (including my friend that is looking for a small business NAS right now). Time to look at offloading mine and building a little PC for Blue Iris.

I was told by B&H (who is the reseller that Milestone pointed me towards) that they were told by WD that the licenses have to be purchased by them.

This is in direct contradiction to 3 e-mail responses and 2 phone responses that I have received direct from WD Support.

How can this possibly be so difficult?!?!