Microsoft Publisher Files

Hi All,

Am very new to WD so please “be gentle”

Bought my WD Passport Essential 500gb USB3.0 / 2.0 yesterday and have completed (hopefully correctly) my initial Back-Up.

One thing I would like to know is do my Microsoft Publisher files get backed-up.  I do a lot of work with Publisher.

I have looked on the Knowledge Base and I cannot see that .pub files are included in the Back-Up

Thanks in advance

I don’t know Smartware uses it’s own method of what gets backedup. I wouldn’t count on it being backed up.

Joe

The “Smartness” of Smartware had already determined which files you need to backup and which you don’t. Unfortunately, many smart users are *-----* enough to trust Smartware to backup all of their important data.

To makes things laud & clear

– SMARTWARE IS ‘NOT’ DESINED TO BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES IN MY DOCUMENT FOLDER – IT JUST BACKUP MOST COMMON FILE TYPES ONLY

Sorry to disappoint you. If you want a real backup – look for something not so outsmart you.

Hi JoeS,

Thanks for that.

Being a bit of a “dummy” can you please tell me how I can find out just what my WD Passport has Backed-Up?

Sorry if this is a totally stupid question, but being an “oldie” I am quite new to computers and their inner workings. I am learning bit by bit.

Thanks again

I don’t reall know I only used it once and uninstalled it. Did you look in the Smartware users guide?

Joe

WD Smartware in use… look on the restore area of this video clip; you’ll find your answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9Qj57PPgA