Menu for TV DVD ISO

Hi.  I have Seinfeld season 1 disc 1 as an ISO, full disc, saved on an external hard drive connected directly to the WD box via the USB port.  When i press play i get a black screen, no playback.  If i go back into it, i get the “resume” option, so it seems to think it has been playing, but i just see the black screen.  The file itself is fine – i can play it without issue on my computer when the external drive is connected to my computer, menus and all.  I should also note that the WD works fine in all other respects – no problem playing movies, including those saved as full disc ISOs with menus.  This is my only tv show full disc ISO, so i assume the issue has something to do with the tv show format (though I’m not sure why the TV show menus would cause problems while the movie menus do not).  I do have the WD set to “DVD mode” in the setup area. 

I seem to recall reading about this issue in these forums but now can’t find any thread about it, and can’t recall what if any solution was suggested.  Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?  If you would require more information about the file I am happy to provide it – please let me know what the most efficient way would be for me to copy and paste the relevant info. 

Thanks in advance for any help…

I’ve ripped my Futurama DVDs with menus and they run fine so I guess your problem stems from some weird authoring the WDTV can’t handle. It would appear you’d need to rip single eps or reauthor the disc with DVD Shrink applying PGCEdit’s DVD Shrink Remote Buttons macro.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I no longer have the disc. Is there a way to use handbrake to resolve this with just the ISO file? I apologize if that was already answered in your response, I’m not familiar with DVDShrink.

You can use both DVDfab and DVD Shrink (there are some guides on dvdshrink.info) on an ISO.