Media Server Doesn't Update

I hate the fact that I have to actually restart the Hub in order for new files on my computer to be seen on the Hub.

So annoying. Power cycling doesn’t even work it seems. There’s no compiling when I turn it off and on.

I’m just venting. I wish they fixed this…

I agree withyour frustration…  However, power cycling DEFINATELY forces a re-compile.

You’re probably not actually power cycling it; you’re probably just putting it in Standby.

A Power-Down requires you to hold the power button down for more than 3 seconds.

This unit is a rip off…  We have only two things we use Weather and NetFlix… had been told the unit updates automatically, we have had any new choices for services since we bought the unit last year.  Our neighbors have the Logitech Renvue and have all kinds of choices for online services.  Hence we have been screwed and so are you and anyone else who purchased one of these WD Live TV Hubs.  So it remains to date all we have is weather and Netflix.

quadcomputers wrote:

Hence we have been screwed and so are you and anyone else who purchased one of these WD Live TV Hubs. 

Don’t lump ME in the same crowd.  You made a bad decision.   You bought a product expecting it to do more than it was advertised to do.  

Does not matter.  We purchased a 10" inch tablet computer, that delivers 1080P for the TV.  With over 100,000 apps to date it can’t get any better…but then again it will.    My disappointment is not expecting such service from WD.  I have been purchasing and using WD products, since the summer of 1994. Back then running an NEC 286 computer.  This a real fluke for Wetern Digital and they should address the problems.

quadcomputers wrote:

So it remains to date all we have is weather and Netflix.

• *> And i have only Weather, because Netflix, Pandora and Blockbuster on Demand says only for US-Customers, very nice, this seems to be the so called Global Market also, only providing Services to one Country, thats not global thats national Market… So completly useless piece of Hardware for my for using Streaming Contents…> The really strange Thing is, if i go to the WebUI there is mentioned “Activate your Device now” on Blockbuster on Demand, but after doing it, it complains about some Licensing ■■■■, yeahh nice so nothing about Global Market then…> And for Pandora its even stranger, i was able to set up the Account, everything was fine, i have an Pandora Account now and it is displaying in the WD TV LIVE HUB but if i select it there are no Stations and after a while an “Not from your IP blah blah Message” is displayed, very cool, very lame!> Well, i think an US-Proxy will sure fix that Bug… *lol*

We just yesterday received an firmware update.  We ran the updatte from the WD unit.  This added two more apps but still no hulu.com …  according to hulu they do have an app for mobile and phones;  maybe WD will continue adding apps for the unit.   Check and see if you have a firmware update.  As for U.S. based websites;  can’t tell you much other than they may not have any legal rights to broadcast outside the U.S.