Media Player wont read over network

I just recenctly bought a media player…( WD TV Live Media Player WDBAAN0000NBK HD 1080P)  i cant get my movies and stuff to play over the network, i can see the files but it keeps saying wrong format when i plug my external hdd in the media player it works fine plays everything, but the idea was to read them over my network but the same files says “wrong format”…why wont it play the same file over my network?

Dude, what media player on do you you have and fon what firmware?

1 Like

You’re in the wrong forum for this question, and we can’t move you because we don’t know which media player you’re using. 

1 Like

thankyou anyway guys, ive come to the conclusion that it wont stream from an external hdd on the laptop threw a network, once the files are on the laptop hdd it works fine, it defies the point of buying it in the first place since my hdd on my laptop hold very little altho it still comes in handy tho, thanks guys,

AndrewW wrote:

thankyou anyway guys, ive come to the conclusion that it wont stream from an external hdd on the laptop threw a network, once the files are on the laptop hdd it works fine, it defies the point of buying it in the first place since my hdd on my laptop hold very little altho it still comes in handy tho, thanks guys,

Actually it should work o.o

I have one of the originals, and I do it all the time.  So, there must be some kind of permission issue, or you are not using samba shares to gain access to the media.

i dont understand what the sambra is but i will keep looking at why it aint working then thankyou