Media Library

Okay, I am real new… just got my WDTV Live a couple of hours ago.  So far so good.  I have a media server already setup in my house, and the WDTV found it right away, and is playing a video as I write this.  My Netflix and Hulu Plus setup and are working without incident.  The temperature on the WDTV desktop is wrong, hope it will correct soon… or that the temp will drop locally to match .  The WDTV thinks it is 79, but it is more like 110 outside.  I live in the Phoenix area, and we are having a HOT Summer.

Anyhow, all is not peaches and cream.  I have been unable to get the media library setup.  I am running Windows Vista 64 bit, and I setup a share for my media library… the WDTV refuses to use it, saying the folder is read-only.  This is just not the case.  The folder is open to be read/written/deleted/whatever.  It has all permissions granted to “Everyone”.  And according the the Windows properties display, the read-only state is indeterminate – which is the normal state for a folder, according the Microsoft tech support.  There is no way to make it more open and available.

Any suggestions or ideas?

I think your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming

The WDTV thinks it is 79, but it is more like 110 outside.  I live in the Phoenix area, and we are having a HOT Summer.

Did you change your location in the Accuweather app?  By default, the WD is set to Irvine,

California.

Sorry to disagree, but this is the WDTV Live Streaming forum. It is the right place for the query.

johnaduk wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but this is the WDTV Live Streaming forum. It is the right place for the query.

Thats probably because a MOD has moved it here.

Yep, they moved it.  Causes a little disorientation when there’s no hint of editing it… :slight_smile:

I would love to hear an answer to this as well.  I’m using Windows 7 as well, and have been able to get the SMP to see the folders on my Network Share.  But every once in a while I go into the options menu and try to do a Media Library refresh and it says that the folder is read only, even though I didn’t change anything on the computer.