Media Library only shows some foldes/shares

My media library consists of 4 network shares all located on the same XP based PC.

\Media\Storage\Movies

\Media\Storage\Movies-2

\Media\Storage\Movies-3

\Media\Series_1\Series

All 4 shows up in the media library manager, all 4 shows a status of Okay and scanned etc. However only the 2 in Bold show as folders in the Video section 

Tried removing them and readding multiple times to no avail.

Since there are other services etc accessing the same structure etc i really REALLY dont wanna try messing around with renaming folders.

Also, when looking at the drives it is obvious that the WD device did infact scan the folders, collect metadata and saved it on the drives.

Oh, latest Firmware that autodownloads etc.

Flatline wrote:

Oh, latest Firmware that autodownloads etc. 

No firmwares auto-download – so what version are you at?

Oh well, sorry what i meant was “The latest that will download using the device” which according to the device is : 2.01.86 :slight_smile:

Try doing this on the SMP Menus:

SETUP / SYSTEM / MEDIA LIBRARY / CLEAR MEDIA LIBRARY

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Try doing this on the SMP Menus:

SETUP / SYSTEM / MEDIA LIBRARY / CLEAR MEDIA LIBRARY

Done that twice so far, including a reset of the network connection - which resets the media library as well.

The behaviour is the same.

Also, it doesnt matter in which order i add the folders to the media library, it is ALWAYS the same 2 that isnt showing etc.

I know this is a little work, but I want to test something…

Rename your folders so they don’t begin with the same name.

So instead of Movies 1 and Movies 2

Do A-Movies and B-Movies.

There was a bug a long time ago that I thought was corrected (also a long time ago) where the Media Library wouldn’t work with SHARES that began with the same letters.  But I don’t remember if it also applies to folders.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I know this is a little work, but I want to test something…

Rename your folders so they don’t begin with the same name.

So instead of Movies 1 and Movies 2

Do A-Movies and B-Movies.

There was a bug a long time ago that I thought was corrected (also a long time ago) where the Media Library wouldn’t work with SHARES that began with the same letters.  But I don’t remember if it also applies to folders.

As i stated above, i have way to many other devices accessing the same paths so renaming the folders without causing a major headache etc is not an option.

However, what i did do - and it DOES confirm your suspesion - i made new shares for the offending folders, ie i made 2 new shares on the XP box

2movies → \Media\Storage\Movies-2

3movies → \media\Storage\Movies-3

and using THOSE shares from the WDTV SMP works perfectly - except some medadata issues, but those can be fixed.

So would appear that multiple folders starting with the same letter/digit is still causing the SMP problems.

Thanks for the help mate, and hopefully that will get fixed as well.