Media Library issues - What I have noticed and any way around them?

Okay I am having a few issues.

1. Some movies the metathumb is coming down and is 0kb on my Network share. I can pick the same movie over and over again - E.G. Spiderman this one will alwyas have a metathumb of 0kb. I then go to Spiderman 2 and I get its metathumb just fine. E.G. I downloaded content informationation for Lord of the rings Fellowship of the rings just fine but not for Twin Towers

I have tried a) deleting the metathumb file and the XML file manually on the server for the movie and redownloading. I have tried b) removing the content info from the movie and then redownloading it. c) I have also done the above two deletion types and then turned around downloaded about 5 other movies metathumb information and it downloads just fine to go back ot said movies and STILL have a problem with them. d) I have gone into the xml files and found the URLS for the jpgs that I assume make up the metathumbs and verified that they are in fact in a site my PC can get to so its not a connection inssue there.

All movies have the similar 0kb metathumb information file issue. I also KNOW the SECOND I intiate the content download it will happen and on what movies because when I got to Update content information in the options it lists the movie I then cick on the green check mark for the movie and it just hangs with the green mark for a few minutes until it is gone and I get the XML and I get tthe 0kb metadata file. I am on the latest firmware ofthe WD TV Live hooked up to a network share which has MORE than enough space (I am at about only 50% utilization of a 2TB drive and the drive tests just fine).

1. I have a bunch of directories I have seperated things into. E.G. Matrix I have all 3 Matrix movies into it. How do I determine which of the pictures the Matrix folder shows or even do a custom picture? I also have a Kids Movies folder a Wife Movies folder and of course my Movies section as well as a TV Shows section. I would love to put in a custom thumbnail but a) don’t know the size of the picture that needs to go in there and b) I am not sure of the  layout? Do I have ot add another XML and a metathumb file for these as well?

2. Is there any way to grab content data for ALL movies in a folder? Its rather cumbersome to grab it for each individual movie? Maybe make it give a warning asking if your sure and then prompt with a downloading for X movie these are your choices and then allow you to skip if you want to for some insane reason NOT have the content information on a specific movie? if not they may want to look at that for future releases those with a large media library may love that feature instead of one offing so many movies.

3. How does one create a custom metathumb is it simply pull down a jpg and rname it to folder.metathumb? (Kind of goes back to my wanting to create for folders on point 2)

4. i notice the plot and overview and anything that is larger content than a single line and scrolls ends up scrolling WAY too fast to be seen. Is there any setting (I have not found it in the setup anyware) that I can set this GLOBALLY. I do not want to have to edit XML files to do this if can be avoided (I am assuming its not in the xml anyware because I do not see any setting for it there).

Noone has any other thoughts on this? Really making me mad. I lookedu p where someone had a tool - WDTVHubGen.exe that would allow me to do the generation of the metathumb and the xml via the PC but I even get errors with these movies using this as well.

So to recap -

Movies play just fine on my PC and on my WDTV Live, when I go to get the content information I get a longer than usual pause and then I get backgrounds and I get xmls but my metathumb stays at 0kb. On my screen i see the xml information and the backgrounds but there is no picture over the file. It works flawlessly on about 150 movies only about 50 of them it does this on. It seems to be specific movie related as I can take a series such as the Spiderman trilogy and get 2 and 3 okay but not 1. Going to the site ain the XML (again using the spiderman movie as the example) shows this - http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/w185/uZLl4hhrAXtydamH6H04pj9SmbM.jpg as the first thumbnail but I can’t just download this and call it moviename.metathumb following the same file naming convention of moviename.mkv and moviename.xml that has the information displaying on the screen.

is it a problem with TMDB? Is there a better content source to use or hsould i use multiple in my list?

So far I am at my wits end as far as the different routes to try.

I think your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming

Well I put it here because this wasn’t really a streaming issue. This is more an issue with the unit itself and there is nothing in the forum heirarchy to descriminate based on models. Do forum mods ever visit these places to move them?

I did a few more tests as well. 1) verified this to be a media problem at all as I can pick a media name with ANYTHING and I can get this 0kb metathumb then turn around delete the content information and put in a totally unrelated one and it generates all the information just correctly. So this rules out media as being the problem, this rules out the file and file system as being any part of the problem. It basically is looking like a direct connection ot the moviedb that it gets the content from.