MBWE II White 2TB will not access movies (and other data) when striped

Recently I updated MBWE II 2TB firmware, and stupidly clicked on the Twonky link. Then MBWE II stopped working. I could not access any movies and files via my Sony AVIO Laptop or my Samsung TV Media Player.

I fixed this by resetting MBWE II 2TB to Factory Settings.

Now I still can’t access the data stored on the MBWE II when I Striped MBWE II. When I leave it Mirrored I can access the files by only 1 TB is useable.

You’re in the wrong forum.

This forum is for the My Book Live.

The MBWE is here:   http://community.wdc.com/t5/Other-Network-Drives/bd-p/mbw_world

Looks like a moderator has relocated this thread to the corect location.

jamerg wrote:

Recently I updated MBWE II 2TB firmware, and stupidly clicked on the Twonky link. Then MBWE II stopped working. I could not access any movies and files via my Sony AVIO Laptop or my Samsung TV Media Player.

I fixed this by resetting MBWE II 2TB to Factory Settings.

Now I still can’t access the data stored on the MBWE II when I Striped MBWE II. When I leave it Mirrored I can access the files by only 1 TB is useable.

If you stripe it and let it run, you will gain the full 2 TB, but you will lose all the data on the drives.  Resetting the raid rewrites the drives.  And of course if you put it to mirrored, you will only get 1 TB.  That’s the purpose of mirroring the drives. They are copies of one another.