MBL User PW update not working

I’m trying to change a user PW to No Password on my 1TB MBL (I’m the admin) because the previous password was forgotten. I’ve gone into the Users menu, selected the user I want to update, clicked Update Password, then checked No Password, then saved. For some reason this is not working… I go back into the Update Password for the same user to verify the change and the box is not checked. I’ve also tried just entering a new password and that does not remain either. So the result is that the user’s folder is not accessible. I’ve even tried rebooting the MBL after making the changes and it still doesn’t work. Am I missing something??

Hi @rhchadwick,

Please refer to the article: My Book Live & My Book Live Duo: Invalid Password: My Book Live & My Book Live Duo: Invalid Password

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

It’s not the login PW I’m having a problem with, it’s a USER password. I can log in to the MBL just fine, but can’t update a USER PW.
Does the 4-second reset procedure also reset the user passwords?