MBL not seen after new router installed

I installed a new router from my ISP and now the MBL installation package does not see my MBL (solid green, all connected, etc). I noticed one difference from my old modem+router setup. Now the IP of the router is 192.168.2.1, before it was 192.168.1.1. Not sure if it matters or not. I assume it does not. I’m not very IT savvy. would appreciate any help. Thanks
PROBLEM SOLVED: followed instructions at Change static IP address - #2 by pokeefe

Possibly a very big difference! Your router and and everything plugged into it are now on a different IP subnet. If you have any static IP addresses (rather than using the IP addresses supplied by the routers DHCP) then those devices with static IP addresses will be unreachable. And if you are trying to connect to your MBL with it’s old IP address (rather than its domain name) then the device would probably be unreachable even if the subnet had not changed because the IP addresses given out by the new router are probably different than the addresses given out by the old router.

You probably should try to become a little familiar with how IP addressing works in your local network because new or changed devices may have similar problems in the future.

Thanks pokeefe. I’m sure I have non-static IP addresses (DHCP enabled). I just assumed that once MBL connected to the router, whatever its IP is, the installation software will find it and will configure it… I was able to figure out the MBL IP address through the router setup page, but it doesn’t help as the software has no room for pointing it to MBL by its IP, nor could I connect to MBL by directly entering its IP in the Explorer. Hope someone else could suggest a solution.