Match Framerate no longer working Bug 1.06.15 V | Your TV Hardware needed

Please do ONLY post your TV Manufactors / Model Names / Connection /  Country

and that you have done a WD TV Live Factory FW Reset .

I will forward it to the WD Labs then.

WD Labs  “cannot” reproduce the Bug in FW 1.06.15 using their TV Sets so far.

Thx a lot for your help :slight_smile:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV Manufactor / Model :

European

LG LE 5300 ( Edged LED )

LG LH 2000 ( LCD )

Connection:

HDMI

Factory Reset done:  Yes

samsung LE37A556P1F

HDMI

WDTV Plus connects into a Denon 2309 receiver, into a Sony 60EX500 via HDMI.

SAMSUNG LE32A656 1F XXH

HDMI

All type of reset done

SAMSUNG LN40B610

HDMI

All Resets Done

Sony kdl40u3000

HDMI

resets all done

Match framerate only works with my DVD iso’s since updating

sony 32u2000

hdmi

resets all done

WDTV Live - Firmware 1.06.15_V - Windows 7 networked

Panasonic TX-P42G20ES

HDMI

Done the factory reset…

Pioneer KRL-37V

HDMI

All resets done

Spain.

Sony KDL-40EX400 HDMI

Resets done.

European

Previously framerate match was working perfectly. The main problem with the 1.05.04 was the fact video settings were not kept.

Canada

Sony KDL-32EX400

HDMI

Tv Supports 24p as it was working in previous TV Live firmware ( TV has a display option that shows “24p” when signal is 24Hz so I can tell if TVLive is sending 24Hz or 60Hz signal).

Did the Factory Reset to Defaults after upgrading to 1.06.15.v → Ng.

Power-Cycled unit → Ng.

Reverted to 1.04.22.v → Works again.

I frankly do not have anything BUT 23.976 fps video, so this feature is kind of important to me ( i imagine playback is smoother if done in original fps rather than having to insert frames to convert 24Hz to 60Hz, even tho the difference is near impossible to see).

If you do not have anything BUT 23.976 video, then just set it to 24p and be done with it.

SAMSUNG UE40B6000 - HDMI

TonyPh12345 wrote:

If you do not have anything BUT 23.976 video, then just set it to 24p and be done with it.

Yes well, who knows, maybe one day I’ll end-up with 60Hz video. I’d rather “set it to match framerate” and forget, I’m lazy. But yes, this is what I currently do. Thanks for the feedback tho.

Germany

Samsung UE55C7700 via Denon AVR331 Receiver 

HDMI HDMI

Factory reset done!

Thx to everyone for their help in giving detailed Hardware Info.

I sure forwarded all and everything as promised and wished.

Now after weeks with less then zero Feedback by the WD Labs / Support belonging to this i have given up on WD and bought another Mediaplayer which works.

The Support of WD themselfs ( not the Mods here which were really helpful alltime ) is the >worst < i ever experianced.

Selling a Mediaplayer with no Function to detect the Framerate is Stoneage and i can only recommend to have a look at Alternatives on the Market.

All digital TV manufacturers recommend calibrating your digital TV HDMI port to the source input. Did you calibrate your digital TV HDMI port?

What do you mean “calibrate”? My Philips 40PFL8664H mentions no such procedure in the manual so apparently not all TV manufacturers recommend it.

thepanoguy wrote:

All digital TV manufacturers recommend calibrating your digital TV HDMI port to the source input. Did you calibrate your digital TV HDMI port?

Personally I have never heard of this ‘recommendation’. Can you tell us how exactly this ‘calibration’ is done, who recommends that you do it and most importantly how it would overcome this problem?

There is no such thing as recalibrating your HDMI port. I think what thepanoguy meant was re-syncing or making the TVs do auto-negotiation again by unplugging and replugging in the HDMI cable.

That will work with some TVs, but the WD box has problems with certain TVs and is just incompatible. It will not work with those TVs no matter how many times you unplug and replug the HDMI cable. (I have one of those TVs). The more serious problem (that occurs if you have one of the TVs that does not auto-negotiate properly with the WD box) is that the WD box does not remember the video settings when you manually set them. Also, after manually setting the resolution/frequency and color space, the WD box sometimes decides to change the color space randomly, while just sitting there idling on the home screen.