Mapping Folder with 2nd account in Windows 10 Enterprise

Have two accounts setup in My Cloud. One is the Admin which a Public folder. The other is another user that has access to the Public folder as well as its own folder. Admin cannot access the 2nd account’s folder.

I can map the Public folder with the Admin account.

The proper way to map the drive (at least in Windows 10 Enterprise), when asking for the credentials is using the IP address of the drive and user name. (xx.x.xx.xx\user)

I cannot map the 2nd folder with the 2nd user account.

The error I keep receiving is (not going to type that out):

If not that error… the other error (these two errors keep bouncing back and forth):

I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Clearly there’s an issue between WD and Windows 10 Enterprise.

In Windows 10 Pro, on the other hand, I can see the WDMYDRIVE device in my Network’s list, I can double click it and access both folders. I can right click on each folder and map them respectively…

What’s more interesting. At random, Windows 10 Enterprise will allow me to map the folder with the 2nd user account. But if I restart my computer I have to go through this issue all over again. Sometimes BOTH folders cannot be mapped/accessed.

No one else has access to this drive either. This is specifically for me and my needs at work.

I can’t really rely on this product if there’s no final solution to this. The amount of down time taken from my day trying to remap this is getting out of hand.

1 Like

This is a Windows problem.

Windows does not allow use of mixed credentials (different users) when accessing the same network file server.

Give one user access to all the shares you wish them to have access to (using the Dashboard). You can limit access type to read-only, if you wish.

Alright,

I’ll go that route then see how it works out.

Thank you

The simple answer is not to connect to Public with the admin account; connect to both shares with the 'other user’s account, but make sure you force the use of the mycloud account credentials.

You will probably have to delete any existing credentials, using Windows credentials manager.