Main Menu Freeze After Boot up

Hi, (please help)

I’m very happy with my WD Media Player Plus. However since the last firmware update. I ve been experiencing problems, and now the current one.

The device is connected via a wired gigabit network. I stream files from my PC and other PC’s on the network as well as a NAS drive. This has been working fine till recently. The problem im faced with is it now freezes after boot up at the menu screen. The remote doesnt work. And yes the batteries are fine and yes nothing is in the way of the signal from the remote to the device.

I’ve resetted the device via its reset button, and unplugged power and replugged it. Problem persists. I can see the device on my network from my pc, and even view its details. Pinging it is fine as well. The WD discovery tool seems weird, it does find the device, but that is all.

Please advise.

Kind Regards

Willem

Hello,

Try the following and see if this helps.

try what is called a 30-30-30.

press and hold the reset for 30 secs.

keep holding the rest and unplug. for 30 secs.

keep holding the rest and blug back in and hold rest for 30 more secs.

the release.

see if this helps, if not then do a 30-30-30 and re flash.

Holding the reset for more than 10 seconds will just toggle between NTSC and PAL… holding the reset any longer than the momentary press necessary won’t make it reset any “better”.

Zardoz66 wrote:

Hello,

Try the following and see if this helps.

try what is called a 30-30-30.

press and hold the reset for 30 secs.

keep holding the rest and unplug. for 30 secs.

keep holding the rest and blug back in and hold rest for 30 more secs.

the release.

see if this helps, if not then do a 30-30-30 and re flash.

That is something that somebody came up with for a router. This is a media player and will not work. As has been said holding the reset for more than 10 seconds changes from Pal to Ntsc or vice versa.

Just try a standard reset by pressing the side paperclip button for a couple of seconds and then releasing with the unit fully booted up.