Mac Formatted 6TB My Book not seen by Windows 10

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help you might offer:

Dell XPS 8700, Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393

I have a MyBook 6TB External drive that I originally formatted on a MAcBook Pro and would have gone ExFAT but that came back as invalid - I think because of the size of the drive?

So I formatted it as Mac Journaled. Now I want to use it on my Windows machine and am trying to format it on that system.

The Windows computer sees the drive in Device Manager and says it is online and “working properly”. The driver is the same as they system, 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616) and when checking for update, it says that driver is up to date.

The problem is that the drive doesn’t show up in the general system window (Explorer, I think) so I cannot format it such that it can be used.

Help, please? And thanks again.

One other question - This drive doesn’t seem to have an activation light on it. I have numerous other WD MyBooks, all less than 6TB and with rounded fronts. This drive is sharper edged and has no light that comes on to show that it is connected. Is that correct?

You’ll need to use Disk Manager to reformat it.

Thanks Tony, I tried that previously and now again and have the same issue. Disk Manager shows Disk 3 as having 5589.03GB and being online. It has a 200MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) a 5588.71GB Healthyt (Primary Partition) and 128MB Unallocated.

Right clicking on either of the two Healthy partitions brings up many greyed out options, including formatting, so no luck there. Only Help is available on the EFI partition and the primary partition adds the option of deleting it. I am OK with clearing this drive but reluctant to delete the partition only because I am uncertain if that may cause any problems.

Right clicking on the far left column which shows the disk icon and volume info, it looks like I could Convert to Dynamic Disk but clicking on that brings up the Select Disks dialogue box, which I select Disk 3 on, hit OK and get another dialogue box showing that Disk 3 will be made dynamic, so I click on Convert to be taken to another dialogue box saying:

“The operation you select will convert the selected basic disk(s) to dynamic disk(s). … are you sure you want to continue.”

I click Yes and get:

Virtual Disk Manager
The operation is not supported by the object.

With the only option being to capitulate and click “OK”.

Any other ideas, I hope? And thanks for responding.