Mac Finder keeps losing connection to my NAS

How can I keep the connection to MyCloudEX2Ultra (and the shares on it) in Finder. Far to often it says ‘connection failed’ and I have to restart the Mac to get anywhere. I’m using MAC OS Ventura 13.4 (22F66).
Thanks

You can try the following steps to keep the connection to MyCloudEX2Ultra in Finder:

1. Open Finder and click on “Go” in the menu bar.
  2. Select “Connect to Server” (or use the shortcut Command + K).
  3. In the “Server Address” field, enter the IP address or hostname of your MyCloudEX2Ultra device, preceded by “smb://” (e.g. smb://192.168.1.100).
  4. Click on the “+” button to add the server to your list of favorites.
  5. Enter your login credentials and click “Connect”.
  6. Once connected, drag the shared folder(s) you want to access to the “Favorites” section in the Finder sidebar.

This should allow you to easily access your MyCloudEX2Ultra shares in Finder without having to constantly reconnect. If you still experience connection issues, you can try resetting the SMC (System Management Controller) on your Mac. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Hold down the Shift + Control + Option keys on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button to turn on your Mac.
  3. Release all keys at the same time, then turn on your Mac normally.

This should reset the SMC and may help resolve any connection issues you are experiencing.

1 Like

JohnRey,
That worked a treat. I’ve had problems with the SMC before and had to reset it (mostly fan issues). Time will tell.
CRB

If the issue persists, I would look into Network issues.

Try to access the NAS through a ethernet cable instead of wifi. For me replacing my computer + router to newer models made a huge difference.