M4V files unable to ffd/rwd

Hi,

My firs post to this forum!

I have just received my WD TV LIve and am planning to change over from Apple TV.

A couple of major problems that I however are -

i) Cannot ffd/rwd a MV4 file

ii) Chapter Info not recognised within files

All of my DVD’s have been ripped to M4V files so no real option to change the format.  All work fine in Apple TV, and have no encryption. Play only on WD TV.

Thanks,

Change the file extensions to .mp4

That’ll get the FF/RW working.  

There doesn’t seem to be Chapter support for MP4 yet unfortunately.  It does work for MKV files so perhaps a future firmware can fix this?

In the meantime, when FF/RW, pressing the Next buttons skip in 10minute increments, so navigation isn’t quite as awful as it seems initially.

macdonm2 wrote:

Hi,

I have just received my WD TV LIve and am planning to change over from Apple TV.

All of my DVD’s have been ripped to M4V files so no real option to change the format.  All work fine in Apple TV, and have no encryption. Play only on WD TV.

Thanks,

problem i  is resolved in the new firmware which is being beta tested now.

kosh2 wrote:

macdonm2 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

problem i  is resolved in the new firmware which is being beta tested now.

Where does this info come from and who is beta testing.

Looks like half the community is beta testing!

I’m running the 1.02.14 pre-release and confirm it fixes M4V support so that FF/RW and multiple audio streams now work.

On the downside, there are issues with slow Network Share access (browsing is fast but it takes minutes for a file to start playing once selected).  If you are connected via USB or use a Media Server, this isn’t a problem.