Low write speed for WDS256G1X0C-00ENX0

I have added a new WD black 256G PCIe SSD to my desktop yesterday. But I found the write speed is too low.

Here is the result:

My desktop based on the GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard, and the CPU is AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X. My operate system is windows 10.

Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks a lot!

that is a really low write speed. typically this is driver related. If your board can use the Intel RST driver that would probably give you the best performance. I would suggest checking the MB manufacturers website and get the Intel RST driver if possible. You may also need to make some changes in the UEFI for the storage mode.

Thanks for your reply. But my CPU is AMD so the motherboard cannot support the Intel RST driver. And I have changed the storage mode to UEFI only. But the write speed remains such low.

Same issue, but I have RST enabled. Supposed to be getting 2,000 MB/s read speeds. Getting more like 1200-1300. There’s almost no directions on how to properly setup this SSD. How can you sell it without giving basic instructions about how to enable the correct drivers?

1 Like