Low System Memory Message

As I do a lot of recording I use quite a few drives, currently I have a 4tb and 3x3tb connected to my WDLive media player and now I am getting the message Low System Memory and my media player reboots, can anyone tell me why I am getting this message ie have to got too many drives connected and is there a max drive I can use on medai player, many thanks in advance bbuk

well my conclusion, the device just does not release and allocate memory very well

now that said, there are some things to be aware of

youtube had a known memory leak, so if you use that much, that could be the issue

but I’ve seen this even without ever opening youtube

I’ve even got far enough to enable swap file support on my builds and I still see this on occaison

I think we just have to understand that there is a very limited amount of system memory

and with the latest firmware release, adding p2p, ftp, http, nzb downloads

it’s easier than ever to use up what available memory there is

Is there anything that can be done about it, and also what about max storage ie can the media player accept 3tb or 4tb and even 5tb drives or is there a max capacity?

I don’t think there’s anything that can be done, the more you attach the more you have the device doing, the less memory available

as for max storage connectivity, I don’t know

I doubt there is any max

I reguarly have my device accessing 14TB of NFS

and I’ve heard of plenty of others that also have large amounts of data/collections

baldbill wrote:

As I do a lot of recording I use quite a few drives, currently I have a 4tb and 3x3tb connected to my WDLive media player and now I am getting the message Low System Memory and my media player reboots, can anyone tell me why I am getting this message ie have to got too many drives connected and is there a max drive I can use on medai player, many thanks in advance bbuk

baldbill,

We have passed this along to support.