Lost WD External Hard Drive

Well, not sure where to start. I have a program hard drive adapter. I was going to transfer data from the old hard drive to External Hard Drive. About half way through the transfer I wasn’t sure if it was working right so I pushed cancel and wait from my Son to come by. it canceled the transfer and also took my external hard drive from “My Computer” not sure where it went. IT JUST DISAPPEAED? It’s on the Device Manager ‘WD 10EAVS External USB Device’ but I can’t open it up? Any suggestions? Thanks from an old retired Marine.

What OS are you using? Does the drive show in Disk Management?

Joe

I am using Win XP in my new message After yesterdays problem trying to transfer data from a hard drive to an external hard drive, I found it on ‘computer management’ it said unallocated? I assigned the letter ‘F’ to it,   but every time I click on the external hard drive it wants to format it? I have about 4 years of work stored on it, is there any way to stop the formatting and save my work? Aside pulling the plug? Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.