Loosing Media-DataBase Infomation - also for twonky

MyCloud 2TB

Hi,

every evening i switch-off the e-power of my whole technical equipment (TV,radio,PC…). But not the NAS. It run’s over 24 hours-normaly like a server. With my cut-off also the router has shut-down. And so the ethernet connection to the MyCloud was down.

I think now the NAS must detected the loosing ethernet-connection and give still a sign. That’s what the Server MyCloud really make. The LED ist blinking… by the way, i thing that’s OK.

But my MyCloud every time, not only loose the e-power. It’s always loos the information of the media database. And the twonky also loose some infomation, ex. Path of search, and index… It not loos the Datafile.

It will be the second MyCloud i get. The first one will send back to the dealer, 'cause the support think ist will be defect.

So i expect, if the ethernet-cable was cut-off from the server, it never, never, never …loose some infomation about his database.

help me please…what can i do?

Hello,

Make sure that you follow the correct shutdown procedure.

Please see page 85 of the user manual

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf

@ Real Lucky,

Router has to stay on. That is where the WDMYCLOUD gets the IP Address from the DHCP, unless you have a proper seprate DHCP server that takes care of that and runs 24/7. 

WDMC does not like to be disconnected when it has a proper connection. It will show the Yellow light blinking that it has lost it’s link connection. And since DHCP usually have a renewal of 1 day standard in the router, it cannot really renew the IP address. You can change that to 1 hour. But is not ideal, you still have to wait then for an hour before your WDMC is available on a IP address. In principle it should be able to do so, and sometimes it does it but it takes a while to settle down again to blue light. Then still it could not have a new IP adress or another device has taken the WDMC IP address, unless you have it static set in your router and plug in the cable in the back of the router or your switch. Tried that out, but is not ideal. So better is not to switch off the Router with the DHCP. Which is needed to run on a Network to issue IP Addresses as well renew them everyday or when a LAN device asks for an IP address.

Hi,

@ Help4all
I do not want to shut down the NAS. Only the periphery.

Twonky has found a solution for my problem. This is in the SSH area. Therefore I can not make it without the guarantee to lose, 'cause i don’t no to much about SSH.

Here the link:

http://community.twonky.com/twonky/topics/wd_mycloud_twonkyserver_loos_setup_infomation_when_ethernet_cable_cut_off

Can someone please help me by the WD team?