Looking for an entry level solution that scales

I have a small business and currently have small data needs.  Like any small business, I am hoping to grow so scalability is important to me.  I don’t want tot be stuck replacing everything if I do grow.  I have read a little about the Arkeia platform but I am interest to hear actual users who have had success with the product as well as information to help me make a more informed decision.

Arm,

How much data and of what type?

Media, Documents, compressed images… ?

I ask because there are many data types pre compressed and offer no space savings. If the majority of your data consists of video clips, images or compresses data types such as iso images zip folders, etc… Your storage requirements will be different than if the majority of your data consists of word documents and text files.

Also, what’s your data retention policy requirements? 1 week, 2 months 7 years?

WD Arkeia has backup appliances that scale from 2 TB up to 40 TB depending on your budget and needs.

If the “all in one” backup appliance is out of your price range, we also offer a Software Solution at entry level prices that allow you to scale up and out as your business grows or data retention policy changes.  Just supply your own hardware virtual machine. etc…Running the WD Arkeia network backup software and backup to disk.

I suggest to contact sales with your environment requirements

http://www.arkeia.com/en/company/contact-us/request-a-quote

Regards,

Samuel Brown

I have about 1TB of data (images, video and documents).  Due the the nature of my business, I have to keep the files indefinitely for legal reason.

Apologies for the late reply.

Images and video files are already compressed renduring dedupe useless for this type of data.

Based on the term “entry level”, I sugget the DA2300 Appliance with 4 TB of Disk Storage RAID1 for the local disk backups. The DA2300 can also be upgraded to 8 TB (two 4 TB RAID 1 Arrays) or you can use the “seed and feed” feature of WD Arkeia and export backup sets to a low cost My PassPort External Disk Drive or a compatible USB drive of your choice. The Appliance will format and encrypt the external storage drives so that you can keep them indefinitly.

TO SUM IT ALL UP:

* Entry Level DA2300

* Upgradable from 4 TB to 8 TB (two RAID1 Arrays)

* Seed and Feed can be used to export backup sets to USB connected disk drives

Another option that would not be cost effective due to the lack of compression and dedupe of your mostly image and video files, would be to Replicate backup sets to another instance of WD Arkeia offsite hosted in the public or private cloud. The cost factor would come from the bandwidth to support your offsite replication data policies.

Moving up from the DA2300 to a RA4300T would give you the option of Backup to Disk and Replicate to Tape

for long term storage. However “entry level” for one is not entry level for another so you must way your storage needs.

* Backup to Disk and Export to External Drives with a DA2300 $

* Backup to Disk and Replicate to Tape and Export to External Drives with RA4300T  $$

Samuel Brown