Logins no longer work after update to OS5

I pleased to report that my MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA is working well on OS3 and that I will not be updating to OS5. Using my Oppo App, my user name and password are recognised and I can access the files as they appear on the drive. With my Mirror drive that I upgraded to OS5 I can no longer sign in to my account as my username and password are not recognised. The Twonky app appears not to read my folders but only show media e.g. video, photos etc. However, while photos are listed I can’t view them and videos play only sound. Needless to say I will transfer all video and audio media files to the new drive which I shall continue to run on OS3. As I can’t seem to roll back the OS version on the mirror drive I will be using that just for documents. Hugely disappointing, but thank goodness for OS3 on the new drive as all is not lost.

1 Like

Brand new EX2 out of box, decided to upgrade to latest OS/firmware before started using for backups. It will let me in under Admin account, but have a few people that need access and only one can be logged under a single username. So I created 2 other accounts, and both say “Incorrect Credentials”. It seems it will let me create the local logins under user accounts logged in as Admin, but when I log out and try to go in as one of other accounts it doesn’t work. How can I (really WD) fix this issue?

@graceadmin local user accounts cannot log to the Admin UI Dashboard in My Cloud OS 5.
Local users can only access shares using Windows Samba, macOS Finder, Web and Mobil app if Cloud Access is enabled and others such as FTP Server if configured.

Hi, @SBrown!

I’m not sure your answer got to the point. I guess I have a similar issue, then I’ll try to detail it a little bit more so we can get the right answer. This is my scenario:
HW → MyCloudEX2Ultra 4TB (RAID 1 mode);
SW → 5.09.115; and
Users → userA (admin user) and X, Y, Z (non admin users).

Requirement (for non admin users): Being on the same (private) network, it’s not public internet access, users X, Y, or Z MUST access their files on MyCloudEX2Ultra (according to the corresponding sharing scheme) regardless how/where they are logged on to (Windows, iOS or Android).

As it is: When logged on a Windows desktop/notebook, no issues, their access to the files is just fine. However, when trying to reach the files via iPad/iPhone or Android smartphones, it doesn’t work at all. I’ve tryed ALL the apps available at Google Play and Apple stores provided by WD, specifically, My Cloud OS5. ONLY userA (admin) can see the files, no other user can. For me, it’s pretty much a bug description.

In your answer, you recommended the use of a mobile app to get to the files. Which one? Please provide the URL for one that meets the requiremet above. Hopefully, you’ll not push me towards a third-party app/service.

The admin user must enable Cloud Access and invite the non admin users for them to access content using My Cloud OS 5 mobile app or MyCloud.com in a mobile web browser. “Mobile and Web Cloud Access” must be enabled for the shares that require remote access using the My Cloud OS 5 apps.

29448 My Cloud OS 5: How to Add Users and Enable Remote Access

Hi, @SBrown!

As I stated before, all users were created and the folders are shared to them accordingly.

However, as reported by other users here as well, NON ADMIN users cannot even log on to “My Cloud OS 5” app.

Remark: all NON admin users have valid mycloud.com user accounts.

1 Like

Hi

I am facing the same issue. Upgraded My Cloud to os5. My wife (non admin) is unable to access her shares/folders despite following an invite link.

She gets an error message saying ‘no associated nas’.

I have exchanged 5 emails with detailed screenshots with WD customer support but they have been v useless (no offence).

Wasted hours trying to resolve this.

Is anybody facing the same problem? Any solutions?

The user functionality is rubbish on wd cloud. The support is even worse.

1 Like