Login error

Hello all,

I have a problem with my WD sharespace 2T.

Yesterday 28-05-2010 I did a firmwareupdate and now I can not access my WD anymore.

I can go to the WD via the IP address in my browser and I get the login screen but when I login with admin/admin (never changed) I get the following message:

“Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /proto/SxM_webui/index.php on line 41”

Also that the login and password do not match.

I did a reset by the reset button on the aft panel but this did not work.

Can anybody help me.

Thanks,

Michel

I have the same problem . I made a reset - nothing no access

User name and password do not match when you login ‘Network Storage Manager’!

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /proto/SxM_webui/index.php on line 40

The Login ist admin / admin

Do you have the same issue if you turn off the drive and turn it back on again?  The drive may not have completed the update process but restarting the drive would ensure that it did finish.  Are all the lights on the front of the drive green?  Are either of you trying to recover data on the drive or just make it functional again?

Yes, is the same . The 4 HDD LED’s are green…

Yesterday i wait over 30 Minutes after the update. The Browser (Firefox) say’s failed to connect the sharespace. So i shut off the sharespace.

After switching on there where no sharespace in the network. The Discovery Software can’t find it. So i made the reset.

Now the Discovery Software find the sharespace but i can’t get access to the sharespace.

The email Service works after the reset any longer (why ?) so that i get much  Mails…

iTunes server cannot find the path to /Public/Shared Music. Please verify that the folder name has not been changed.
on Tue Jun 1 19:11:24 CEST 2010

Volume ‘DataVolume’ doesn’t exist.
on Tue Jun 1 22:31:41 CEST 2010

System will be shutdown.
on Tue Jun 1 22:50:17 CEST 2010

Today i will call to the support…

And now after 30 Minutes i switched the sharespace on the red LED blink …

Still have the same problem as so after switch the drive off.

Contacted the support desk and they advised to do a hard reset

scwitch off device disconnect all cables, push reset button for 1 minute connect power and keep reset button pushed in, keep it pushed in for 1 minute with power on it and then let go.

connect all cables and start drive.

Same problem comes back when you try to log in.

Can access the downloader with default login.

have sent an email agian to WD and wait for an answer.

I have the same problem, i look forward to hearing any update…

UPDATE —

still no login working…

no drives mounted

mdadm suggests that my main data array is fine, but just not mounted - there is no /etc/fstab present (is that the actual issue??).

/DataVolume $ mdadm --detail /dev/md2
/dev/md2:
        Version : 00.90.01
  Creation Time : Wed Feb 3 20:13:18 2010
     Raid Level : raid5
     Array Size : 2925293760 (2789.78 GiB 2995.50 GB)
    Device Size : 975097920 (929.93 GiB 998.50 GB)
   Raid Devices : 4
  Total Devices : 4
Preferred Minor : 2
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Thu Jun 3 09:07:26 2010
          State : clean
 Active Devices : 4
Working Devices : 4
 Failed Devices : 0
  Spare Devices : 0

Layout : left-symmetric
     Chunk Size : 64K

UUID : 9d9a9bc0:d513b7a2:55e15d02:8a413160
         Events : 0.1470138

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
       0 8 4 0 active sync /dev/sda4
       1 8 20 1 active sync /dev/sdb4
       2 8 36 2 active sync /dev/sdc4
       3 8 52 3 active sync /dev/sdd4

Can someone send me their fstab file from their (working!!!) sharespace to try and get this working

Cheers

Jon

So, the Western Digital Support say i must send the ShareSpace to WD :cry:

This Update was very bad …:angry:

michelH wrote:

Yesterday 28-05-2010 I did a firmwareupdate and now I can not access my WD anymore.

I can go to the WD via the IP address in my browser and I get the login screen but when I login with admin/admin (never changed) I get the following message:

“Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /proto/SxM_webui/index.php on line 41”

Also that the login and password do not match.

I had the same problems and more.

In this case it seems the second argument is an array that is empty.

In comparing my My BookWorld II I found two problems:

1. the file /proto/SxM_webui/share/config/.htusers.php was missing.

2. the file /proto/SxM_webui/admin/.htadmin.php was empty (or also missing, I can’t remember exactly).

The web login started working again after fixing these files.

You can find the factory default versions of the files in the directory /etc/.factoryDefault.

Take care not damage the factory default files, :wink:

Alas, the system thinks my DataVolume is running in degraded mode, probably because I connected the mirror to my Linux box to copy some irreplacable data before going further. So, once I’ve got the rest of the data backed up I can actually do a full factory restore from the web interface, hope that fixes it.

Seems fairly bad, these obvious, stupid mistakes in the firmware update.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Ian

Ian,

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe stupid question but how to access the files ??

When I connect the WD to a XP computer and use the WD software I can access the drives but I do not see the files you mention.

Michel

Thanks for this info…now I can login via the gui.

After some analysis via ssh and now the gui, it’s clear the volumes are not mounting.  I see the raid devices using mdadm (just like CluckingBells pointed out) but can’t mount the volumes manually.  I restarted the sharespace a few times but nothing.  I’m assuming I need to rebuild the fstab…any other ideas?  Anyone get any answers on this from WD?

Thanks

My setup has 4 drives, 2 raid-1 pairs…once I added the following to /etc/auto_mount_list

cat auto_mount_list
/dev/vg0/lv0:/DataVolume
/dev/vg1/lv1:/ExtendVolume

My volumes showed up (at least within an ssh session).  They still do not appear within the gui…not sure how the info in the gui is built (or what it’s based on).

smb is not working for me…fails with the following error:

Starting SMB services: /usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libmsrpcgen.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

twonymedia actually works and ftp works - so I have a few ways at getting at the files remotely.

I noticed that /etc/group and /etc/hostname files were blank after the upgrade, so I copied over the version from the /etc/.factoryDefaults. 

Courtesy of raven-au…

If it boots then it should have what you need mounted, except for the DataVolume.

Look in /etc/auto_mount_list, and in /etc/init.d/S01auto_mountd for details on how it mounts the DataVolume.

You will see it uses a “-n” option so nothing will be entered in /etc/mtab and mount will not list it even if it is mounted.

The kernel however always has an up to date list of what is mounted, look in /proc/mounts.

my auto_mount_list was empty, so i copied it from the .factoryDefaults folder, then rebooted. all isgood!!!

pabloa3 wrote:

cat auto_mount_list
/dev/vg0/lv0:/DataVolume
/dev/vg1/lv1:/ExtendVolume

My volumes showed up (at least within an ssh session).  They still do not appear within the gui…not sure how the info in the gui is built (or what it’s based on).

Right, haven’t had to work that out myself.

Does your system reboot OK and does that make a difference?

pabloa3 wrote:

smb is not working for me…fails with the following error:

Starting SMB services: /usr/sbin/smbd: error while loading shared libraries: libmsrpcgen.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That’s kinda a big deal actually.

That library won’t be in the factory defaults area.

If we could get ahold of the upgrade binary we might be able to extract files that people need.

pabloa3 wrote:I noticed that /etc/group and /etc/hostname files were blank after the upgrade, so I copied over the version from the /etc/.factoryDefaults. 

Oh wow, that’s really odd.

So far we have several different people all with slightly different system files, essential for normal operation, that have disappeared.

I do wonder what caused this but it is way hard to get any real evidence after the fact.

Ian

Once I updated auto_mount_list, the volumes continue to appear even after reboots…so I’m good there.  However, I’m still not sure why they don’t show up in the “Manage Volume” portion of the gui.  I’ve been jumping through the admin scripts, class files, and config files…things seem good.  I’m obviously missing some piece that should get this populated.

However, for me, whether it shows in the gui is not as important as smb not working.  :frowning:

pabloa3 wrote:

However, for me, whether it shows in the gui is not as important as smb not working.  :frowning:

Which may itself be the reason they don’t show up.

Interestingly, I don’t have a libmsrpcgen.so anywhere on my system so perhaps this is another example of things not being updated properly (or being wiped out or emptied) during the update.

So here is what I’ve done to remedy…

Following the details located at http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/sharespace, I’ve installed a compatible samba pkg in /opt (I had to soft link /opt to one of my data volume since there wasn’t enough free space left on root and I installed samba2 - not version 3).  After installing this pkg (and it’s dependencies), updated /etc/init.d/S90smbd, and creating a new smbpasswd file with this version, I can once again mount my volumes from my laptop  :slight_smile:

The gui still doesn’t show my raid devices…but I’m leaving that for a different day.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Have you got the chance to continue your troubleshooting to recover your data?

I have exactly the same issue as MichelH . I dont have SSH/FTP access to the device. I can only see a web login prompt of which i couldnt access using the standard admin/admin credentials. Any ideas how i can hack into it?

-Ryan