Local mode is not working

Turn on local mode and set username and password
After connecting via smb, you can see all the files by entering your username and password correctly
Open any file, it shows no permission to open

ps: recently added a .pages format file, currently only open this one file
thanks

My cloud home 3T
os v8.13.0-131
macOS Ventura 13.1

3 Likes

Same error here.

I thought it might be because of VPN so I disconnected the local network access and restarted - same behavior.

For most of my picture folder content, I get : “It looks like you don’t have permission to view this file.” I get a similar error for most of the video content.

The odd thing is that SOME picture folder contents could be opened, others couldn’t. There are not distinctions re. permissions on any of my picture folders.

It’ll be a great feature, once it works.

2 Likes

Did anyone find a solution to this yet? Please update.
Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue. I think this is the final nail in the coffin for this thing for me.

I can see and open files using the app on my ipad. But do not even seem to have read permission on my windows 10 machine. I have cleared and reentered my credentials. switch the thing off and on again.

I thought this local mode was going to be good…but not so much!

It did let me save a new test file to it…but all my old back up files ar locked out due to permissions. Can’t even open or copy the files.

Anyone fixed it yet?

Cheers

Stu

1 Like

Has anyone received an update on how to get around this or fix it? I’m having the same issue, and with WD Discovery going away, this will be the only way I can easily access my system for file syncing. So getting a little nervous myself on this, ha ha.

Update:
For anyone who stumbles across this thread with potentially the same problem. I saw some similar discussions in a couple of other threads. It looks like if you move the files/folders completely off the drive, then re-upload them, it should reinstate the permissions correctly. Something to do with the firmware update for things added in previous versions. I tried it with a couple of files, and it seems to work. Seems like a weekend project, but I guess we’ll see if that fixes things.

1 Like

I have had limited luck moving files, but I can’t copy or delete the original files, it did let me copy new files on from the PC…i.e the original files I origiannly backed up. The troublesome files on the WD mycloud are just stuck theor taking space.

so far I havent been in the mood for formatting and copying on again.

recently I have bought a new m.2 nvme and a USB drive and both times I avoided WD becuase of the mycloud issue

This solution is working for me. I copied the files off of the drive using the WD Discovery app, and then moved them back onto the drive via the SMB share. It’s annoying and is going to take me a lot of time, but this does in fact work in my case as well.