Loading Data...Stopping scanning (Error 2300)

I am in the process of loading data onto my new My Cloud (3 weeks old) and it is extremly slow. I am now receiving the following errors:

Event title:Media Scan Stopped

Event description:The device stopped scanning your media. As a result, some thumbnails will not display when you access it remotely. To resume scanning, please restart your WD My Cloud device.

Severity:Info

Event code:2300

Any thoughts?

TIA,

I’m assuming that you are on the latest firmware…

and after updating mine yesterday, I noticed the same error in my web notifications.

So I think we just found WD latest update in answer to everyone’s problem about a slow cloud due to media scan. They turned the media scanning off if the device notices high cpu usage so we can get some decent response from the device.

I’ll tentatively say +1 for WD!!

1 Like

I called the WD support line, and their suggestion was to do a ‘System Only’ System Factory Restore. THIS DOES NOT DELETE ANY DATA. (I had this panic when it was suggested!) The way to do this is to go to the dashboard, click on Settings, click on Utilities, then Click on System Only.

I did this earlier this afternoon, so I cannot be 100% sure of it’s success. I am somewhat pleased with the renewal of spead to the system. I will post later with an update!

Same issue immediately errored after the latest frimware upgrade earlier today. Restarting did nothing.

Event title:Firmware update successful

Event description:The firmware update was successful.

Event code:2004

Event time:04-22-2014 03:23:39 AM

Firmware version:       03.04.01-230

Event title:Media Scan Stopped

Event description:The device stopped scanning your media. As a result, some thumbnails will not display when you access it remotely. To resume scanning, please restart your WD My Cloud device.

Event code:2300

Event time:04-22-2014 05:11:19 PM

Firmware version:       03.04.01-230