LIVE PLUS is NOT reading my DLink USB Wireless Adapter due to recent .17 upgrade

My Live Plus has been working great ever since I bought last month.  The USB wirelress adapter also worked great.  Then this morning I upgraded to .17_B.  Then from there it’s not reading the adapter anymore.  I even rolled-back to version 1.03.49_B and it’s still not reading the USB adapter.  Everything else works fine.  So I’ve been trouble-shooting this network issue for 4 hours now.  Not a great way to start 2011.  Bummer.  Please help…

Try the following

reset via the side paperclip button with the unit on - it will reboot

reset to factory defaults via the internal menu

unplug from power for some minutes

do all 3 before using the unit again.

now check to see if your adaptor is recognised.

Thank you…

Do I reset the unit while the power is ON?

Or, should I turn if OFF?

Oh I did leave the unit ON.  I used the paper clip to reset for 10 sec and nothing is happening.  It’s not rebooting.  Hmm.

The unit should be on and you press for 1 second and then release. Wait until the unit has fully booted up before pressing the reset. Pressing for 10 seconds will change the system from PAL to NTSC or vice versa.

Thanks…

I did push the reset button for 1 sec then it rebooted.  So that worked fine. 

However it’s still not reading the USB Adapter. I even unplugged the power cable for a few minutes. 

Then when I plugged it back in - still not reading it.

I tested my USB adapter to another WDTV LIVE and that worked great.

HOORAY!

I got it to work.

After the rebooting process as you suggested, I then had to go to the NETWORK SETTINGS window  and do an AUTOMATIC search of the unit device.  It found my device and now I can upgrade to 1.04.10.  I will stick with that version for now. Next time I upgrade I will read up on what people are saying about the new version before doing it… 

Thanks for your help.

MukMovies wrote:

HOORAY!

I got it to work.

After the rebooting process as you suggested, I then had to go to the NETWORK SETTINGS window  and do an AUTOMATIC search of the unit device.  It found my device and now I can upgrade to 1.04.10.  I will stick with that version for now. Next time I upgrade I will read up on what people are saying about the new version before doing it… 

Thanks for your help.

Glad to help.

Please, can you send me zip of old version : 1.03.49_B ?

I did upgrade, and now i cant roll back …

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

newjersey2011 wrote:

Please, can you send me zip of old version : 1.03.49_B ?

I did upgrade, and now i cant roll back …

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800