Live Hub won't see updated shares

My live hub sees a folder share on my desktop PC just fine.  It evens see the folders inluded in the share.  But I have recently added a few new folders but the Live Hub will not see these new folders.  Its like it won’t update what it is seeing.  Any thoughts?

Yeah, you have to reboot the box… Shut it off by holding the power button three seconds or more, then turn it back on and it’ll rescan.   Annoying, yes, but that’s all we got right now… 

I rebooted the box and even updated the firmware.  It still doesn’t show anything new.  I unshared the folders on the pc and reshared them.  Same problem, the Live Hub only sees the original folders.  My 2nd desktop sees the shared folders just fine so I don’t believe there is a problem there.

That’s very odd.   So, after you reboot, it says COMPILING MEDIA LIBRARY, right?   

I don’t see that prompt.

Do you have MEDIA LIBRARY disabled?

I had the same problem, the easiest way to make it see the changes is to go into the network settings, go to the workgroup, go in, dont do any changes and click on submit, it will restart the network stack on the Hub and all is good.

Thet2 wrote:

I had the same problem, the easiest way to make it see the changes is to go into the network settings, go to the workgroup, go in, dont do any changes and click on submit, it will restart the network stack on the Hub and all is good.

“Clear Media Library” (manual p.31) might also work: it rebuilds the library.