Lithum is seriously messing with iPad owners

Lithium just notified me that they are still looking into this. 

[edit]

The autocorrect issue is a bug.  They sent it to the dev team to work on it.

Hi Tony,

This what Lithium came back with on the super slow delete function:

It seems that this is actually a bug with the TinyMCE code and not Lithium.
We opened a bug with TinyMCE:

http://www.tinymce.com/develop/bugtracker_view.php?id=5508

Just FYI, the problems persists after update to iOS 6…

Thanks, Tony, I’ll let them know.

Tony,

They pulled the rich text field and left the html field.  You won’t need to use html unless you’re posting a picture or a link.

Not sure what that means?

When you reply to a post, normally, you can use the Rich Text tab or the HTML tab to insert text,etc.  On the iOS, Lithium removed the Rich Text tab for posting, and just left the HTML tab for posting.  Unfortunately, I don’t know what that looks like on the iPhone/iPad.

On the iPad at least, all three tabs are still there…

You know something, Tony.  I just realized that there may have been a total miscommunication on this.  I’ll have to look into it.  In the meantime, if you want to avoid the autocorrection misbehavior, you can use the HTML tab for posting.  Otherwise, it’s probable that the fix won’t roll until their scheduled maintenance window - which is Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Any news here yet from lithium?

Is the Rich Text tab still showing?  That should have been removed.

Yep – still there.

Does it work okay when you use the HTML tab?  Because they told me that they were just going to remove the Rich Text from it.  Also, I’m wondering, are you getting the general site on the iPad, or a modified version?

Other than the slow delete and the issue with the autocorrector, even the RTE works pretty well.

The HTML tab works well (without the issues above) — but then you lose all formatting such as New Lines, etc, wtihtout having to manually type
to skip lines.

I assume I’m getting the general site – it doesn’t look any different than if I bring it up on my PC…

For the slow delete issue, Lithium says that this is a TinyMCE issue and they’ve opened a bug with them.  There has ot been any update for that.

For the autocorrect issue, I’m not sure if they actually were going to remove the Rich Text tab or just have it function like the HTML tab.  I’ve posted the question with them.

Maybe I’m imagining things, but this appears fixed today! Yay! Both the RTE text autocorrect and the slow delete.

Oops, my bad.

It’s because the RTE is gone now. But at least this editor allows very basic formatting…

Yeah, they did this in the maintenance window last night.  Also, clear your cache and see if there are any issues with artifacting.