List of questions from a newbie

Thank you in advance for reading and replying to my questions…

Whenver I try logging into my cloud drive from my Iphone 5s away from home I receive a message stating that my device is offline. How can this be corrected?

What is the best way to organize my files on the drive? I currently have a Movies folder, Music folder and a Photos folder.

The music folder has seperate folders for each artist and within that folder is another folder for each album. When I connect to the cloud via my Samsung BD5700 and I access the artist folders, they are empty. However I i access the Songs file it creates, all the songs are there. I am not sure if this is the doing of the cloud or the player.

I cannot log into my Dashboard! It keeps telling me the password is incorrect. I even logged into My Cloud on my PC and changed the password. Still no dice.

I am sure this is not my last post with questions but any help would be great.

Thank You

Don

Try to remove the device from the iPhone app (+/- button in the upper right corner). Then recreate the device using the wdmycloud login

Compare the behvior of your BD DLNA Player, with the behavior of a computer. On a computer, when you open on “This PC” you will see the WDMYCLOUD mediai player right there. Double clicking it will make you interact with the DLNA server of the NAS.

If you have lost your password for the Dashboard, you will have to trigger a system only restore using the reset button. Consult the user manual to “reset with power on” (p119). This process will remove the password, share access rights, but will leave the content unchanged. This operation should not be confused with the quick or full restore which erase contents.

I tried resetting it. Nothing.

I also tried the iPhone suggestion and that didn’t work either

DGRYAN1977 wrote:

I even logged into My Cloud on my PC and changed the password. Still no dice.

I am sure this is not my last post with questions but any help would be great.

Thank You

Don

I don’t understand. You can access the dashboard only from a browser, whether on your phone, tablet or PC. If you can access it on your PC and change the password, what else are you trying to do when it tells you the password is wrong?

remember, if you use wd2go.com, you use the email address of the user you enabled the remote acces for, and a password that can be different from the password on the NAS by choice.

DGRYAN1977 wrote:
I also tried the iPhone suggestion and that didn’t work either

What happens when you remove the device from the list of devices on the phone?

There is the dashboard and then a seperate “app” on my computer where I can manage the files on my hard drive.

The password for dashboard was not working.

I ended up doing the reset a second time and it worked.

Tried it. Does nothing. It still says offline.

On a computer, on your local network, you are better off mapping the shares of your NAS to a disk in your computer. For Apple computers, use the SMB protocol. Windows computers use SMB by default. To map a share, right click on the share in the network view.

On the iphone, if the device is seen online, it means that it was properly registered at least once on the WD servers, but something is preventing the access.

Did you enable remote access on the dashboard? If yes, what does it say under Cloud Access Connection Status, in Settings > General?