Light on front of My Book Premium Storage light only when connected to Mac?

Just purchased and installed this new My Book. I usually notice other My Book connected in permanance to my desktop remain lit (flashing) when computer not in use…

But this one, once connected to the wall plug: not lit. Just lit when plugged to the USB port on my Mac Book (USB 3) - so should I be concerned that it simply uses power from the Mac and wall plug is dead ? (As soon as I unmount and disconnect the USB plug, it goes black…

Disk seems to work (I’ve at least been able to format for Mac OSX…) - just purchased today.

Thanks,

Hi, the drive is only meant to flash when connected to the USB, the other drive that you own that is permanently connected to the computer is always receiving a signal from the USB thats the reason why is always on.

Thank you very much for your reply. Very appreciated! Maybe you’d also be aware : my other concern is that the box states “superspeed USB” and my search suggests thst this is a stamp for “USB 3.0” - is that the case?

I need to ensure since i will not be using this only for “safety backup” but for video work in direct from my Macbook Pro… USB 2.0 would not be fast enough…